We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of Cigarettes and Booze in Aruba???

SALEM, MA
Level Contributor
105 posts
308 reviews
Cost of Cigarettes and Booze in Aruba???

Please no haters. I am a non-smoker but GF still has a habit. Does anyone know the cost of cigarettes in Aruba. She is just trying to figure out which way is the cheapest. Bring some or buy some? I know in Antigua they were way cheap.

Also should we stock up on our booze for cocktails on the balcony at the airport or is the price okay in Aruba?

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,612 posts
80 reviews
1. Re: Cost of Cigarettes and Booze in Aruba???

They have a little store as you are exiting the airport to the right. They sell cigs and cocktail stuff cheaper than you can get them on the Island. So stock up before leaving airport. Also, we purchase stuff at duty free store at Newark Airport maybe check yours since you are flying international you can buy there.

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,500 posts
55 reviews
2. Re: Cost of Cigarettes and Booze in Aruba???

This will give you and idea of prices:

www.lingandsons.com/listingItemSearch.do…

Alcohol is more, cigarettes less than in MA.

Boston
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Cost of Cigarettes and Booze in Aruba???

Cigarettes will cost you approx $27-$30 per carton at the duty free shops at the airport. Some of the liquor at those shops is more expensive than at home, but you can find some good deals, especially on sale items. For example, I just came back with two 750ml bottles of Don Julio silver tequila for a total cost of $60.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,797 posts
4. Re: Cost of Cigarettes and Booze in Aruba???

Cigarettes at Duty Free this year went up to $32.00 a carton.

Boston
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Cost of Cigarettes and Booze in Aruba???

The cost depends on the number of cartons that you buy. A two carton pack was $59.00 on 8/19/11.

Edited: 22 August 2011, 01:02
SALEM, MA
Level Contributor
105 posts
308 reviews
6. Re: Cost of Cigarettes and Booze in Aruba???

Thanks everbody!! That is why I love these websites. This one and cruise critic for cruise info. So much up to date information. I hope I can assist you guys someday.

phila
Level Contributor
568 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Cost of Cigarettes and Booze in Aruba???

RE: does someone know what time the duty free store is opened (from PHL)

I dont think I can get to the duty free place after I arrived in Aruba

SALEM, MA
Level Contributor
105 posts
308 reviews
8. Re: Cost of Cigarettes and Booze in Aruba???

GF quit her habit for over a month. Good for her and we don't have to worry about the price of cigarettes!!!

But still need the booze. I still love my beer and shots.

9. Re: Cost of Cigarettes and Booze in Aruba???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Oranjestad
Recent Conversations