We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradise? You'ld better believe it!!! First choice @The Tam!

UK
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Paradise? You'ld better believe it!!! First choice @The Tam!

Hi

What can I say about our holiday at the Tam (Aug 30 -Sept 13th 2011)? Two words...Abosolutely Brilliant!!!!

Right from arriving at Gatwick to fly to Aruba, the First choice team at the airport, on the plane and at the Tam were so efficient and friendly.

My wife is disabled and was extremely worried how she would cope with the travelling and getting about at the Tam, those concerns were totally unfounded, as everybody was so pleasant & helpful.

We had one of the disabled friendly rooms 1319. This had been refurbished and was close to most of the amenities. not to mention the beautiful beach!!.

The setting is absolutely stunning, and for us a dream come true. We had gone on holiday to 'chill out', so didn't use any watersports etc, but people that did were certainly not disappointed.

Anyone thinking about a holiday at the Tam, should read the various forums, we certainly picked up a few very useful Tips / hints.

I have just to mention two people that made our holiday even more special..These were:

Jackie (the first choice representative at the Tam), she has the amazing knack of making everyone she speaks to, feel special. She certainly went the exta mile for the two of us

Imelda ( A waitress in the Cucunu Restaurant). This lady is so full of joy and was always there when we needed help. You can recognise her by her pleasant laugh!

As it was our 25th Wedding Anniversary we did book a meal at the Windows restaurant ($35 dollars per person). delicious meal with stunning views of the amazing sunset. Highly recommended for a special occasion.

if anyone is still undecided ... I say Go for it!

If anyone has any question for me I will try and answer them

The final say goes to my wife.... " It was the best holiday we have ever been on!".... Result! There's a lot to be said for a happy wife!!!

The Earl (UK)

Mentioned in this post
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,531 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paradise? You'ld better believe it!!! First choice @The Tam!

So happy that you and your wife had a marvelous time!!!! Best wishes to you both! Happy belated anniversary!

spartanburg, sc
Level Contributor
630 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paradise? You'ld better believe it!!! First choice @The Tam!

Thank you for great review and so happy you had a dream vacation. Happy Anniversary ! Going back in Dec.and can't wait.

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,746 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paradise? You'ld better believe it!!! First choice @The Tam!

Let me add my best wishes to you both for many happy future anniversaries. I am so glad that you liked the Tam. Imelda has always been our favorite among the buffet staff. She is a doll. I wish we Americans could meet Jackie--I have never heard a sour word about her. I hope Thomson's/First Choice know how much you travelers like her!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,551 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paradise? You'ld better believe it!!! First choice @The Tam!

HI,

I remember you from questions/answers here on the forum before your vacation. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope I was of some help in convincing you you'd have a good time.

Take care.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paradise? You'ld better believe it!!! First choice @The Tam!

Congratulations and so glad you had a great vacation!

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
3,503 posts
341 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paradise? You'ld better believe it!!! First choice @The Tam!

So glad you had a great time in Aruba. We did as well.

Jackie is a fantastic rep and a lovely person. She went out of her way to help my lonely teenager meet people and make friends, to give her a holiday she will never forget. We certainly namechecked Jackie on the feedback surveys to First Choice. She is one in a million.

Mentioned in this post
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
UK
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paradise? You'ld better believe it!!! First choice @The Tam!

Mo 32

Your comments and suggestions (along with many hours trawling the extremely helpful comments on the forums)were very helpful in allaying my wife's concerns. Thank you so much, we really do appreciate it! I am now a fervent Trip Advisor fan.

Southern United...
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paradise? You'ld better believe it!!! First choice @The Tam!

Hi there

I am so pleased you and your wife and a wonderful holiday and silver wedding anniversary.

My husband and i are going last week of August for two weeks next year and taking our 18 year old son with us. He is training to be a chef so I think he will love this resort. I am hoping to have dinner at windows in celebration of Sons 18th birthday.

I am glad you like the Tamarijn so much as we too are going there too and it is nice to know that it is good. We did not want the Riu as I prefer less hectic main chain hotels to get the real Caribbean experience.

Mentioned in this post
Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive
Tamarijn Aruba All...
3,626 Reviews
Aruba
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
UK
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Paradise? You'ld better believe it!!! First choice @The Tam!

For us it was idyllic, it appears on the forums that the Brits generally rate it higher than our friends across the pond, The people in the room next door havee ben going to the Tam for the last 7 years!!! They had young teenagers. I think that speaks for itself! I suggest that you browse the forum and then enjoy your holiday!

I wish you a brilliant holiday!

Southern United...
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Paradise? You'ld better believe it!!! First choice @The Tam!

Thank you.

I shall be a regular in here now

Get answers to your questions about Oranjestad