We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If bill is presented in USD is that how CC will be billed?

Level Contributor
93 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
If bill is presented in USD is that how CC will be billed?

Trying to dodge the bank card/credit conversion fees, so if a bill (restaurant, hotel, bar, excursion, etc) is presented to you in USD is that how your card will be billed?

Same question if the bill is presented in both USD and Florin? Will the merchant bill in USD if you ask them?

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,467 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: If bill is presented in USD is that how CC will be billed?

Every time I have seen a bill in US $$$ the credit card has been billed in US money. Always ask to make sure.

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,919 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: If bill is presented in USD is that how CC will be billed?

You have to ask.

We have been presented bills in U.S. dollars, and paid with our credit car.

If the restaurant then turns around and puts the charge through to the credit card company in florins, you will more than likely be charged a foreign transaction fee.

We have a Capital One Visa card we use solely while in Aruba now to avoid possible foreign transaction fees. Capital One is the only credit card I am aware of that does not charge cardholders a fee. creditcards.com/credit-card-news/foreign-exc…

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,415 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: If bill is presented in USD is that how CC will be billed?

I LOVE my Capital One Venture - so easy to rack up points!!!

USA
Level Contributor
125 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: If bill is presented in USD is that how CC will be billed?

I may get a hotel bill in US dollars - but when I get my credit card bill - the amount is the same but there is also a foreign transaction fee

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,467 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: If bill is presented in USD is that how CC will be billed?

The Chase I have does not charge a transaction fee if billed in US dollars, even if in Aruba.

6. Re: If bill is presented in USD is that how CC will be billed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 19:17