We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Divi confusion

New Jersey
Level Contributor
85 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Divi confusion

Can someone please explain the difference between Divi Village and Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort? I called Divi directly and was told there isn't a separate Divi Village but RCI has different resort numbers and listings. My understanding is that DV may be the older section and DVG&B is newer but further away from the beach. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Albany, NY
Level Contributor
103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Divi confusion

Hi Jerseygirl. We were there 2 short days before going to our time share at the Divi Phoenix. The Divi Village is the older section, the rooms are okay, nothing special. The Divi Village Gold and Beach Resort is the newer section, and a lot of them are time shares as well, however I was told you could rent them. Both resorts are right next to one-another, and they are directly across the street from the beach. Neither resort is beach front.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
85 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Divi confusion

Thanks! We'll be happy either way then. We would be doing a timeshare exchange, non AI.

Hull, Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Divi confusion

I hope my typing on my Ipad is in English tonight!!!

I wouldn't say they are right next to each other. You pretty much had it right. The Divi Village is a bit older behind the Tam-not on the Beach, but on the beach side of the property. Divi Golf is across the street is newer and has a great pool, but a bit of a walk or shuttle ride to the beach.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
85 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Divi confusion

Yes, your post came through in English! So, in the interest of being closer to the beach, I'd be better off with DV. I'm sure the Golf resort is amazing though!

Hull, Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Divi confusion

Yes, but the village units aren't as nice as the Divi Golf. Everyone has their preference. We liked staying at the Golf, but much prefer being close to or on the Beach.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Divi confusion

arubaweek has confused Divi Village with Dutch Village - Dutch Village is the propertry behind the Tamarijn - Divi Village is across the street and next to Divi golf - see the map for locations and photos -

www.diviaruba.com/webmaps/dutch_village.html

http://www.diviaruba.com/webmaps/index.html

Yarmouth Port...
Level Contributor
1,116 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Divi confusion

the timeshares at the divi village have been redone, not sure if all the rooms are completely finished. the divi golf is newer, but imo the timeshare units, are already starting to show their age.

8. Re: Divi confusion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2013, 10:36
Get answers to your questions about Oranjestad
Recent Conversations