We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palapas at Bucuti?

Which Oranjestad hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Avon, Connecticut
Level Contributor
30 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Palapas at Bucuti?

Are the Palapas all that hard to get at Bucuti? I say a reviewer say that you had to get up 'in the middle of the night' to reserve one. !!!!

Grain Valley...
Level Contributor
139 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palapas at Bucuti?

Not at all. You never have to get up early at Bucuti. We stayed in may last year and there were always plenty of palapas no matter what time it was.

Loveland, Colorado
Level Contributor
626 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palapas at Bucuti?

Nope, not at all. There are plenty to go around! If anything, they are easier to get at the Bucuti than any other hotel on the island, especially in the high rise section

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palapas at Bucuti?

The only thing to take into consideration is that many folks WILL get up at the crack-of-dawn to reserve the front row palapas. You'll probably not have any problem finding available palapas, but they'll be further back, further away from the water.

Avon, Connecticut
Level Contributor
30 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palapas at Bucuti?

The crack-of-dawn it is then!

Thanks

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palapas at Bucuti?

It's true. It's probably more of an issue this time of year. But, my husband was up literally at 5:30a and some of the front ones were already taken. So, I swear some of them had to get up very, very early or set up their towels before they go to bed.

But, we like being in the palapas right by the ocean so we kept getting up early. It was funny to be saving palapas and chairs in the dark but there was no choice.

Get answers to your questions about Oranjestad
Recent Conversations