We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Olympics 2012 at the Tam - Dutch Village

Which Oranjestad hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bebington,Merseyside
Level Contributor
208 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Olympics 2012 at the Tam - Dutch Village

Hi ,could anyone tell me if any of the bars have a tv where I will be able to watch some of the Olympics. I know the rooms have tv's but there's something about watching sport in a bar with a beer in hand that seems to suit me these days ;) .Cheers

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,891 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Olympics 2012 at the Tam - Dutch Village

The bars do not, but there is a large TV in the lobby area by the pool tables... and the bar is in walking distance.....

Not sure about the Divi bars. There are sports bars in town, but then you'd have to pay for your drinks.

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,895 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Olympics 2012 at the Tam - Dutch Village

Is the TV still at the bar in Paparazzi??

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,891 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Olympics 2012 at the Tam - Dutch Village

I always forget about that bar..... I think you are right that it does have a TV.

Liverpool, Engalnd
Level Contributor
263 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Olympics 2012 at the Tam - Dutch Village

The Bunker bar has a TV

Lynn, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,828 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Olympics 2012 at the Tam - Dutch Village

Sandpiper has a tv.....

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,891 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Olympics 2012 at the Tam - Dutch Village

wow obviously i pay no attention to TVs when on a beach vacation.

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,895 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Olympics 2012 at the Tam - Dutch Village

Seven, I can tell you the times I have noticed TV's it has been that infrequent- Michael Jackson's death, Giants game on the lobby big screen at the Divi and soccer in Paparazzi while we were waiting for our table.

From what I have been told, the lobby TV viewing choices are "first come, first served". At night the lobby TV is usually dominated by the teens playing billiards at the adjacent tables.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,891 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Olympics 2012 at the Tam - Dutch Village

Yeah...those teens.... sheesh. Got a couple of those myself...

I just remember watching (with much pleasure) the Jayhawks getting outsed from the NCAA in 2010 by UNI - accompanied by a bunch of UNI alums from Iowa - that was in the lobby... probably the ONLY tv I've watched in aruba.

Of course I watch very little TV at home as it is.

Bebington,Merseyside
Level Contributor
208 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Olympics 2012 at the Tam - Dutch Village

Thanks for all the responses - much appreciated. I doubt I'll be spending a great deal of time watching tv but I would like to keep up with the Olympics while we're there and the best way to do that (IMHO) is with beer in hand - Cheers

10. Re: Olympics 2012 at the Tam - Dutch Village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 20:47
Get answers to your questions about Oranjestad
Recent Conversations