We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Additional charges on top of the room rate.

Brunswick, Ohio
Level Contributor
138 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Additional charges on top of the room rate.

Booking our first trip to Aruba and have been reading several reviews. I have seen several mentions of additional charges added to the bill at check out. One particular I saw was for electricity at $10 per day $70 for the week???. Right now we are planning on booking a getaway at La Cabana Beach and Racquet Club from Interval International where we would be paying I.I. for the cost ot the 1BR unit. I understand there is on going constuction at this resort, hopefully they dont have any new special taxes for this constuction. Can someone give me some kind of a list of all these additional charges that can be expected like additional taxes on the room or departure fees or any other charges. I want to elimate any suprises when it comes time to pay the bill. Over the years we have been to several other carib islands and the only charge I can recall was a departure fee at St Maartin and Antigua.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,009 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Additional charges on top of the room rate.

bluegreenonline.com/explore/…

----------------------------------------------------------

You will find the resort fees listed on this link.

The airport departure tax for Aruba is US $36.75 to the USA (It is usually included in the purchased airline ticket).

Brunswick, Ohio
Level Contributor
138 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Additional charges on top of the room rate.

Thank You for the speedy reply.

Just for anyone who may read this there are two charges according to that link. There is a goverment tax $9.50-$11.85 per night. Also there is a energy surcharge $4.50-$7.50. Both are dependent on the villa size. I am assuming these are charged per unit not per person?? So this could be as much as $128.45 on the final bill. There is also a departure tax of $36.75 which is usually included as part of your airline ticket. WOW they get you comin and goin.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,994 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Additional charges on top of the room rate.

I agree with our tripadvisor people

A resort BUT... ours at Costa linda is about 120.00 for the week.

departure fee is usually included in flight fee

Edited: 25 July 2012, 21:33
4. Re: Additional charges on top of the room rate.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Oranjestad