We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aruba in a day,what to do?

Which Oranjestad hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
london, ontario
Level Contributor
102 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Aruba in a day,what to do?

We are visiting Aruba for the day,jumping off holland America in Jan.never been before,buildings,beach,fun stuff?can anyone suggest local tour co.i like to use them more that the cruise ship offers?

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aruba in a day,what to do?

I would take a cab to the beach. I think Amsterdam Manor Beach rents chairs and they also have a great beach bar. Short cab ride from the docks maybe 10 mins about 20 dollars (I think).

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aruba in a day,what to do?

If you go back to the main Aruba forum page and look over to the right you'll see "Top Questions About Aruba". There are many topics, and down toward the bottom are 2 specifically regarding visiting for a day off a cruise ship. You'll find many suggestions there. Have fun!

CT
Level Contributor
1,864 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aruba in a day,what to do?

i agree.. i would walk around downtown for a bit. absorb all that jazz... then take a cab from the pier/downtown up to the bucuti or amsterdam manor (they are right next to each other essentially)... each has a nice restaurant to grab lunch and a couple drinks, right on the beach. Then you can sit out on the beach and relax. maybe bring a beach towel or one of those 1.99 bamboo mats that you can buy downtown.

great beach. Good lunch. beautiful views.

then go back to the lobby, and get a taxi back to the pier.

4. Re: Aruba in a day,what to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Oranjestad