We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need some quick info on the Tamarijn, please

Which Oranjestad hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
143 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Need some quick info on the Tamarijn, please

Considering a very last minute trip to the Tamarijn and need to know....how far is the resort from the airport? Any good day trips to take with two boys, 11 and 13? Is there a website or list of local attractions anywhere? Is it true that the rooms have all been recently renovated? Thank you for any information!!!!

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,853 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need some quick info on the Tamarijn, please

15 minutes from the Airport.

Most of the rooms have been renovated (might be a couple blocks left to finish?). Don't expect the Four Seasons, even with the remodels, but the rooms are perfectly adequate for the time you will spend in them.

The main attraction honestly is the beach / beaches.

The boys would likely enjoy the jolly pirate snorkel - rope swing, snorkeling. has an open bar too so can be a tad bid roudy depending on the crowd. Also, theres a go cart track a few blocks from the Tam that is really really fast - if they are old enough (sorry I forget their limits), the boys would probably love it.

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,489 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need some quick info on the Tamarijn, please

SevenCostanza beat me to it! The Tam is among the resorts closest to the airport and is a great choice for families with kids the ages of yours.

You might want to check this link to see if anything appeals to you as far as activities go:

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i20409-Aruba_Ac…

The beach is definitely the biggest draw--and the recreation center is packed with kids. We always had trouble trying to get our two off the resort.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
143 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need some quick info on the Tamarijn, please

Thanks! I'm getting so excited ~ sounds perfect. My boys love go karts, I will look into it. Maybe I can use that to bribe them into doing something more cultural. Thanks for the link Lori, will check out. Is there only one airport in Aruba (AUA)?

NJ
Level Contributor
2,288 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need some quick info on the Tamarijn, please

Only one airport, AUA

Brampton, Ontario...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Need some quick info on the Tamarijn, please

Hi, I just got back from the Tam yesterday with hubby and my 2 year old daughter. the beach was the best we had a ground level room which made life easie r, we could just walk right out be on the beach and sand then right to the room if my daughter needed a nap or potty or whatever. the rooms are tiny and very basic, but clean. we mixed it up by going over to the Divi sister resort and used the pool and beach there too. lots of carts to take you around it was great! everyone that worked there were very friendly too. we went up to the high rise area one of the days to check it out and the beaches were sooo crowded happy we were at the Tam beach. it was like we had the whole beach to ourselves! very close to the airport. we stayed in block 2100 building and it was a perfect location!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
143 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need some quick info on the Tamarijn, please

So glad you had a good time Ange! Thanks again to all for the info. Cannot wait to book!!!

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,489 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need some quick info on the Tamarijn, please

Be advised, too, that the Tam offers excursions. Information has always been posted at the towel hut/activity center (near the giant chess board). You need to sign up in advance of departure, and there may be a small fee.

Our first year, we did the bike ride and loved it. Our second year, we did the Balashi tour and it was a snooze-fest, but a good way to kill an overcast morning and I got enough photos of my teenagers wearing shower caps to blackmail them into their early middle years. The kids categorically refused my importunings to visit the aloe factory on our third visit. (I think I may have had a touch of sunstroke to even have suggested it! LOL)

A wonderful OFF-resort activity is horseback riding.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
143 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need some quick info on the Tamarijn, please

Lol to above! Are the restaurants and buffets air conditioned ?

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,489 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need some quick info on the Tamarijn, please

The buffet at the Tam (and by default the Palm Grill) are NOT. Ginger and Paparazzi are, and so are the Red Parrot and the buffet at the Divi.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,853 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need some quick info on the Tamarijn, please

Man... this thread is making me miss the Tam..... waaaaaaaaaaaah.

By the way TA, the tam has pool tables / ping pong tables near the pool that becomes the default kid hangout. Not sure what the crowd mix will be when you are there, but in the summer lots of brits and dutch, so a great way for the kiddos to get some exposure to other cultures.

Get answers to your questions about Oranjestad