We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renaissance kitchen

Which Oranjestad hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
fremont,ca
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Renaissance kitchen

Hi,

We are travelling with a family or two young kids and prefer vegetarian diet. We plan to stay at ocean view suite at Ren.

I am wondering do they have kitchen (big/small), w or w/o cookware, stove , refrigerator, microwave?

Are there any grocery stores near by ?

Thanks

Victor

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,269 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renaissance kitchen

From the website: Ocean Suites – Island Suite

The Island Suite at the Renaissance Ocean Suites hotel offers a separate bedroom with a king-sized bed; a kitchenette with microwave, mini-refrigerator, and sink; a separate living area; and a view over the island of Aruba. Each room’s view is either of the marina or the park. The maximum occupancy for this room is four guests.

Sounds like the kitchens are small. There is a Kong Hing nearby if I'm not mistaken.

Sudbury, Canada
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renaissance kitchen

My husband and I are staying at MVC this year and they only have the fridge, but we're going to bring disposable dishes and utensils and shop at the grocery store for breakfast and lunch. We stayed at the Ren last year and there is definately a grocery store nearby. Just ask at the front desk and they will direct you. If you are not renting a car, I would bus there and taxi back.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,357 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Renaissance kitchen

There is a supermarket nearby. It is in walking distance on the street behind the Renaissance Marina Hotel going towards the bus station. I always forget the name; probably is Kong Hing..

Level Contributor
149 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renaissance kitchen

I don't know what unit you are in at Ren but you will be fine cooking there. There should also be a cooktop stove - cutlery I don't know. You will have the amenities mentioned in previous posts.

The kitchen will be small - off to the side and exiting into the living room with walkout or balcony.

They are renovating this side that you are staying on over the next year after they finish the adult side.

If going on foot to grocery shop, take the shuttle from the Ocean Suites over to the adult side, exit north through Ren mall and walk to the west. A block down is the grocery store everyone is talking about.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,357 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Renaissance kitchen

Only floors 1,3,5 have a stovetop.

6. Re: Renaissance kitchen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Oranjestad