We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mozzies in Aruba

Algoma Mills ON
Level Contributor
82 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Mozzies in Aruba

My husband and I are going to Aruba the last week of November. We have gone to Cuba in the same time period for the last 2 years and I have been eaten alive. All and any bugs seem to love me. In Mexico it has never been a problem though. (same week-last week of Nov) What can I expect in Aruba? Should I bring enough Deep Woods Off to last the week?

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,301 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mozzies in Aruba

I have never been bitten but I am not very sweet. I have read others have so Id bring some off and you will be fine.

New York
Level Contributor
771 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mozzies in Aruba

We were there in mid October and the only small bugs seemed to be on the beach, but very limited.

YYC
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Mozzies in Aruba

Yes, bring your repellant with deet. There are mosquitos on the island and dengue fever is present as well. Better to be prepared just in case.

Algoma Mills ON
Level Contributor
82 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mozzies in Aruba

Thanks All. Repellant all set out to pack.

New York
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mozzies in Aruba

I got one mosquito bite while there this week without using bug spray.

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
132 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mozzies in Aruba

I am Scottish and suffered six bites on the only night I did not spray insect repellant

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,491 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mozzies in Aruba

I've never even SEEN a mosquito in six visits, but I always pack Deep Woods Off Wipes ® just in case.

Cleves, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mozzies in Aruba

I am a magnet! Every bug that bites goes after me. I had mosquito bites as well as red ant bites. I have been home for 2 weeks almost and still have a few that itch!!!!!!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
963 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mozzies in Aruba

I have never been bit in close to 20 visits to Aruba, having said that. I am not very sweet. My wife does complain occasionally about getting her ankles/legs bit at dinner (I am not sure it is mozzies). Better safe than sorry!

Yarmouth Port...
Level Contributor
1,061 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mozzies in Aruba

the most 'mozzies' i've ever seen was after a really bad storm and most of the island was flooded. it was pretty bad. you were given bug repellent with your meal at all restaurants if you dared to eat outside. mulligans actually closed and was using space at windows for awhile. once it dried out the 'mozzies' were gone.

Get answers to your questions about Oranjestad
Recent Conversations