We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lanai rooms at Divi Arll uba AI

Which Oranjestad hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Amesbury...
Level Contributor
171 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
lanai rooms at Divi Arll uba AI

Anyone been to the lanai rooms? I like the idea that there is a wall separating the rooms on the balcony rather than just an open area to next rooms on the other buildings. Love to hear your reactions to the lanai and if it is worth the extra money. I am leaning towards them .

Lexington...
Level Contributor
516 posts
352 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lanai rooms at Divi Arll uba AI

Was looking to buy some similar units a while back and noticed the wall separators - our opinion of them was that they did not provide as much privacy as one may think though they do define the space you have well.

Edited: 07 November 2013, 21:21
Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,895 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lanai rooms at Divi Arll uba AI

Just be aware that the patios will have no "air" in the afternoon and will be very warm. They will have direct sun all afternoon until sunset.

We had a similar patio at the Tamarijn at the end of one of the buildings which had a full wall on one side and was set back from the adjoining room and afternoons, even for my 99 yo grandmother were unbearably hot.

New York
Level Contributor
899 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lanai rooms at Divi Arll uba AI

Have you looked at the Verandah Rooms? The room we had had a very private balcony. It was set in a little. Some of the rooms walk right out to the pool. The lanai rooms are also very nice. First floor walks out to a grassy area and then it's just a few steps to the sand. I don't think you could go wrong with either.

Amesbury...
Level Contributor
171 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lanai rooms at Divi Arll uba AI

Thanks for the responses; we want to be on the beach or at least an unobstructed view. Final decision this weekend. Thanks again

5. Re: lanai rooms at Divi Arll uba AI

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Oranjestad
Recent Conversations