We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help please...hotel choice

montreal
Level Contributor
189 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Help please...hotel choice

Hi..we are going to celebrate our 25 th in Aruba...trying to decide between occidental and renaissance.....any tips? Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Wonders Boutique Hotel
Wonders Boutique Hotel
#1 of 12 B&Bs / Inns in Oranjestad
Aruba Surfside Marina
Aruba Surfside Marina
#2 of 12 B&Bs / Inns in Oranjestad
Paramus, New Jersey
Level Contributor
757 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help please...hotel choice

Occidental is directly on the beach on Palm Beach and Renaissance is downtown w/no beach. They boat you to a private island. I haven't stayed at either one, but RUI is more upscale as far as A/I are concerned. Not sure if that is in your budget. RUI is also on Palm Beach. Occidental doesn't get good reviews as far as food is concerned.

Aruba is not a destination that I would recommend A/I. Too many great restaurants and very easy/safe to get around. I'm sure others will chime in and give you better feedback on these two properties. Good Luck!

Mentioned in this post
Palm Beach
Palm Beach
7,003 Reviews
Aruba
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Hull, Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,247 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help please...hotel choice

We went to Aruba for our 25th also. Stayed at the Radisson and had a great vacation. I've stayed at the Ren and since it's downtown, hard to compare to the Occidental. As mentioned, AI is not what most people recommend here. If cost is the deciding factor, look at renting a timeshare and eat breakfast and lunch in.

Mentioned in this post
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
NJ
Level Contributor
2,441 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help please...hotel choice

Check out the Bucuti, it's your 25th!!

Mentioned in this post
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach...
5,009 Reviews
Aruba
4. Re: Help please...hotel choice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Oranjestad