We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP! Where can I buy digital camera in Aruba??

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
188 posts
384 reviews
Save Topic
HELP! Where can I buy digital camera in Aruba??

We are here on our first trip, also our honeymoon. Having an amazing time, staying at the Divi Village Golf Resort. Last night however, I dropped my water proof camera in the water and somehow the battery compartment door opened and now the camera won't turn on. I have it in a bag of rice, but that can take up to a week to work. I am hoping its just the battery and not the entire camera. Where can I buy a new digital camera in Aruba? I know of Boolchands, what are the prices like there? Will I pay much more than I would back in Canada? This is day 3 of our honeymoon here and would really love to capture the rest of our trip!

Thanks!

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP! Where can I buy digital camera in Aruba??

I don't know the name of the place but there is a shop that sells cameras behind the Ren mall downtown. Hopefully someone can chime in with the name.

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP! Where can I buy digital camera in Aruba??

I don't know the name of the electronics sotre behind the Ren but I do know it is next to Kay's Jewelers!!

Have no idea what pricing is like, I was in there quickly just passing through from one side to the other.

Good Luck!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,463 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP! Where can I buy digital camera in Aruba??

Boolchand's is the store downtown behind the Ren which the op already knows about. I would ask the front desk or concierge desk at the Divi for their recommendations.

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,564 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HELP! Where can I buy digital camera in Aruba??

I echo Liz's recommendation. Locals often know of places that visitors may never find out about.

Cleves, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,741 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HELP! Where can I buy digital camera in Aruba??

I had the same thing happen on our second trip. I went to Boolchands and bought an Olympus Stylus. It's a nice little water camera.

6. Re: HELP! Where can I buy digital camera in Aruba??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2015, 16:12
Boston...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,536 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: HELP! Where can I buy digital camera in Aruba??

Ps- mark is the GM at the radisson if you dont know already.

8. Re: HELP! Where can I buy digital camera in Aruba??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2015, 05:18