We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat in Aruba?

Which Oranjestad hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Guthrie, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Where to eat in Aruba?

Only 30 days until we leave on our 6th trip to Aruba, this time we are planning on venturing away from the Tam (our AI) for more evening meals. We are looking for restaurants in the "must do" column. We like seafood, local, steaks, relaxed and friendly. Any suggestions?

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,489 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Where to eat in Aruba?

Professor Plum did it in the conservatory with a lead pipe and the vicar is in the bushes.

OP: PlayaLinda Mike is casting his vote for Wacky Wahoo. LOL

Guthrie, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Where to eat in Aruba?

thanks for the info, 32 days and counting

california
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Where to eat in Aruba?

Thanks Lori for deciphering Playa Linda Mike's secret restaurant :) LOL

I actually came back to the thread to re-read his response to see if I could make out where it was...

So... Wacky Wahoo is on my list now!

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Where to eat in Aruba?

We just came back from Aruba! We went to Anna Maria's OMG Excellent! The Italian food was just as good as our Italian Resturants on Federal Hill in Providence! The owners are awesome, it's a husband and wife and its in the backyard of there house! We ate there 2 nights! Just have to keep in mine The Food is Cooked to Order so it takes time, but they don't do to many reservations! As I say Good Food is worth waiting for! EXCELLENT!

Sudbury, Canada
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Where to eat in Aruba?

We like Tulip, Chalet Suisse, and Papillon.

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,652 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Where to eat in Aruba?

Angela, you just joined TA to tell everyone about this restaurant? " Just have to keep in mine The Food is Cooked to Order so it takes time," This phrase has a familiar ring. Could it be that you are either an owner or somehow associated with this place? Keep in MINE? Bad spelling or English is not your native language. Which is it? This smells a bit fishy to me.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
14,966 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Where to eat in Aruba?

Just returned from our 30th trip.....if you're a "foodie", then definitely 2 Fools and a Bull or Carte Blanche.

Our favorites include Passions (beach dining), Ike's Bistro at Manchebo has excellent seafood and creative dishes, Barneys and Bingo are both always excellent for casual dining, Tulip has upped the ante on their menu with a French flair that we really enjoyed. We also did the "limited time special" offered at LG Smith's and would probably return there again for dinner - great steaks and service. We were going to head to Wacky Wahoo to see if their seating/tables were any better with the new addition but I was able to get my "wahoo fix" at Barney's when they had Wahoo as their "catch of the day". Went to Amuse Bistro this year and it didn't work for my either my husband or I (plus our table was literally in the headlights of cars leaving Playa Linda so the ambiance left little to be desired) - always good to try new places but this was one just wasn't for us. We don't mind paying money for excellent food but the food didn't live up to the prices. Gave Elements another shot with another round of appetizer and drinks and it was still disappointing. And Screaming Eagle still remains a personal favorite for steak or fish - wonderful food as always!

YYC
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: Where to eat in Aruba?

I also agree with 2 Fools and a Bull. Make sure to make a reservation in advance.

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Where to eat in Aruba?

Must visits for us each time we return include:

Papillon (French), El Gaucho (Argentinian Steaks), Gianni's Ristorante Italiano (Italian) , Chef's Table (Large variety, dutch feel)...For a laid-back lunch/casual dinner, we always visit Iguana Joe's in Oranjestad overlooking the cruise ship port- great nachos and in-house specialty hot sauces you can purchase.

Have heard great things about Windows on Aruba/ & Barefoot, on my list for next visit. Enjoy!!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
20. Re: Where to eat in Aruba?

Love Driftwood for seafood!

Get answers to your questions about Oranjestad
Recent Conversations