We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palm Beach area

PA
Level Contributor
151 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Palm Beach area

Staying at Tam - is it worth a trip to the Palm Beach area or is the shopping area the main attracrtion there? Any bars or restaurants on the beach? Thanks all.

Hull, Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palm Beach area

It's definitely worth the trip I think. It's a great beach to walk with a few bars mixed in. Two of our favorites are Bugaloe and the beach bar at Playa Linda. There is shopping across the street, but we always find lots to do when walking down the beach at night between drinks for sunset and maybe some gambling.

Amelia Island...
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palm Beach area

There are restaurants in the Palm Beach area, as well as beach bars. Bugaloe's is a great place located on a pier. Live music several nights a week. Moomba is right on the beach and can be a fun place too.

Have a wonderful trip!

Florida
Level Contributor
695 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palm Beach area

You travel all the way to Aruba, might as well check everything out that you possibly can. It is not like you are trekking hours away, you are talking about a ten minute cab ride right along the coast. If you are active and like walking, you could walk the beach from Tam up to the end of Eagle Beach, then there is a sidewalk that wraps around a rocky area and gets you to the Aruba Pheonix where you can get back on the beach.

Not sure of the distance, but probably in the range of 4/5 miles. Plenty of places to stop for refreshments along the way.

4. Re: Palm Beach area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 17 April 2014, 17:20
Edited: 17 April 2014, 17:20
5. Re: Palm Beach area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 17 April 2014, 18:31
Edited: 17 April 2014, 18:31
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palm Beach area

You have stayed at the Tam so you know how wonderful that beach is. Don't expect the beach at Palm Beach to be anything like that as it is very crowded and there are high rise hotels on it. However, there is a lot more activity and bars and restaurants up there. When we went to Palm Beach we were happy we stayed at the Tam as I like having more space on the beach when my kids are with me so I don't have to worry about them bothering other people. Many people like/love Palm Beach, but I did not find it appealing. I like San Juan very much, so it's not that I don't like crowds and bars and restaurants but I just found Palm Beach to be bland/generic ( I am talking about the look of the commercial area not the actual establishments or the beach itself)

However, it's still worth traveling up there is you want to check out some bars and restaurants since there is a lot to choose from there.

Allen, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Palm Beach area

any one have car rental suggestion for a safari type or jeep? Staying on Palm Beach

Beverly Hills...
Level Contributor
2,900 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Palm Beach area

While a few people actually profess a preference for Eagle Beach, in reality it simply serves as a tourist overflow area for those not lucky enough to stay on Palm Beach. So yes, OP, it is well worth the trip north to Palm Beach to see the area that someday, you too, could experience. Have a great holiday!

Florida
Level Contributor
695 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Palm Beach area

@PlayaLindaMike - funny post. We used to enjoy the Spring Break like atmosphere of Palm Beach, but traded it in for the more relaxing, slowed down pace of Eagle Beach. I remember a time when the Palm Beach area had just opened up the little strip where Tango is, and that was all there was. Two years ago I thought MTV may have been filming a Spring Break special, it was WILD!!

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
816 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Palm Beach area

My husband and I were staying at the Divi Golf and Beach last week. We walked from there to the Marriott. It is 4.8 miles. We walked on the street side until we got to the Divi Phoenix than we walked on the path.

Take a bottle of water!!!

It was our first time staying in the low rise area. While most people recommend the beaches there, we prefer Palm beach. As they say, different strokes!!

Get answers to your questions about Oranjestad
Recent Conversations