We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jeep Rental

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Jeep Rental

We will be celebrating our 20th anniversay @ the Divi, first week in August. We would like to rent a jeep and explore the island ourselves. I have read alot of negative things about jeep rentals. Can someone please advise us

Cleves, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,742 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jeep Rental

rent from More4Less. They have 2 and 4 door Wranglers

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jeep Rental

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jeep Rental

Check with insurance on your credit card in regards to insurance for damage or theft.

I just found out yesterday, that AMEX does not cover Jeeps or any types of off road vehicles with their car rental insurance. Luckily we had no incidents last year because we thought we were protected. It really helps to read the fine print. WOWWWW - was all I could say. It was our first and last time with a Jeep, way too uncomfortable for me but it was nice for a one time thing.

Edited: 24 July 2014, 18:28
Manasquan, NJ
Level Contributor
801 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jeep Rental

Thank you so much. I use my Amex insurance in Aruba every year. We were planning on renting a Jeep in February and I would have assumed I was covered,

Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jeep Rental

I highly recommend Royal, the prices are reasonable, the jeeps are what they are, not pretty but they are jeeps. They are mechanically sound, the A/C works good and the people are really nice. I have rented from them several times with no problems. Well not true, the thermostat stuck on one last trip and I had to keep it moving with the heater wide open to get it back to the B&B but they were out there with another one within 30-45 minutes. I can’t fault them for the T-stat and I commend them for their response.

Boston...
Level Contributor
834 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Jeep Rental

We rented from Royal on our last trip and didn't have a problem either. The Jeep was clean, by Jeep standards) and ran well. Someone had even attached two Go Pro mounts to the one we had which was convenient.

They pick you up at the airport and take you to their office a few minutes away.

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
1,632 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Jeep Rental

Rented a jeep a couple time from Payless. I've been renting cars from Payless for years, always good service. They're just down the road from the airport, they pick you up and drop you off, which works nicely.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
149 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jeep Rental

Another vote for Royal! I struggled with who had the best price for a decent jeep. We saved a good amount going through Royal and had no issues. We were happy with our decision and would rent from them again.

Edited: 09 August 2014, 04:07
Montoursville...
Level Contributor
277 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jeep Rental

We use to rent from Royal, but unfortunately a few years ago my husband backed into a cement pole when leaving and it took forever to get them to cooperate with us so we could get reimbursed thru our credit card insurance.

10. Re: Jeep Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Oranjestad
Recent Conversations