We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants serving Aruban dishes

san francisco
9 posts
Save Topic
Restaurants serving Aruban dishes

We would appreciate suggestions for restaurants serving traditional Aruban dishes at lunchtime.

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,645 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants serving Aruban dishes

Try Gaspariotos, Old Cancu House, Old Fisherman, Tulips. Not sure about lunch but for Dinner. Also Aruba Destinty

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants serving Aruban dishes

Gasparitos for sure. Try the keshi yena...a traditional dish.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,268 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants serving Aruban dishes

Gasparito - seafood Keshi Yena

Nos Cunucu

Tulip

Bingo

Newport, Rhode...
Level Contributor
594 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants serving Aruban dishes

I have eaten recently at Gaspirito and Tulips. Excellent choices. The Keshi Yena is what I had at Gaspiritos. Really nice place and a must to eat outdoors, very pretty.

Tulip was excellent also. Its right near the La Cabana and Paradise Beach Villa area on Palm Beach.

Also Jamaica Me Krazy! Great Jamacian food!! Right near the Mega Mall area (Ling & Son's).

Riverhead, New York
Level Contributor
336 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants serving Aruban dishes

are these places pricey? I like to get a feel for the area I visit by eating in local establishments...are these locally owned? Which would you say is the best overall?

Thanks all!

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,268 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants serving Aruban dishes

All of the restaurants I mentioned above are locally owned and reasonably priced.

You can find links to most of the restaurants websites at this link below (just look for the contact page for the restaurant.) Most restaurants list their menus and prices on their website:

http://www.restaurantsaruba.com/all.html

Camillus, NY
Level Contributor
779 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants serving Aruban dishes

What exactly is keshi yena? Would you describe Arubian food as Caribbean-like, Spanish like flavor, Dutch, or combo? Just curious.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,268 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants serving Aruban dishes

I would say it's more of a combo. You will find alot of Dutch and Aruban dishes at Bingo and Tulip. Nos Cunucu and Gasparito have more Aruban dishes. Alot of fish and stews at Nos Cunucu. Some of the Aruban side dishes that are served with meals include pan bati (similar to bread but with a sweet pancake-like taste.)

Keshi Yena is a baked dish (sort of like a casserole) with seafood or chicken, spices, and alot of Gouda cheese.

Photo of Keshi Yena at Gasparito:

http://www.gasparito.com/content/view/43/58/

Camillus, NY
Level Contributor
779 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants serving Aruban dishes

ArubaAmy, You are a wealth of knowledge! Can't you be some sort of ambassador to Aruba or something? There's a nice gig. After looking at all those menus, I am getting on my treadmill right now. Thanks. I love gouda cheese!

Riverhead, New York
Level Contributor
336 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants serving Aruban dishes

mm... I was thinking the same exact thing! Thanks ArubaAmy! I have saved so many of your posts in "My Trip" and I am so thankful for your knowledge.

I'm getting so excited...romance...no kids...no kids...did I mention no kids? They are pissed, but too bad.

Amy, if you have any thoughts on romantic diversion to be found on the island, please pass them on. Not that we'll need too many...wink, wink!

Get answers to your questions about Oranjestad
Recent Conversations