We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What fishing and snorkeling tours would you recommend?

Which Palm - Eagle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
5 posts
Save Topic
What fishing and snorkeling tours would you recommend?

I've never been fishing, but I would like to go. My husband and I have been snorkeling once.

We would like to set up both activities in Aruba. Any recommendations?

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What fishing and snorkeling tours would you recommend?

We booked a snorkeling excursion with Jolly Pirates, and it was fun, while it lasted. What do I mean by that? Well, I was dreadfully, and I do mean dreadfully, sea sick. The water was incredibly choppy at the second snorkeling site. So much so, it was lifting the underside of the boat out of the water! The crew said that the conditions were uncommon and I would imagine that is true. They were also very sympathetic to my, ahem...illess. If compelled to try this again (with the proper meds), I would go with Jolly Pirates.

Long story short, I had to take a motorized dingy back to shore. If you do decide to take a snorkeling or fishing excursion and are at all prone to sea sickness, bring some Dramamine from home. I purchased/took a dutch subsitute prior to our 'adventure,' and needless to say, it did not help in the least. By all means, go snorkeling and/or fishing...just take the proper precautions.

Boston
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What fishing and snorkeling tours would you recommend?

We went on Red Sail's catamaran. Very stable and comfortable because of the wide beam. Plenty of room on board even with 40 people. Fun.

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
680 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What fishing and snorkeling tours would you recommend?

you might want to try a product called seabands that fit on your wrist and use pressure points my first time on a boat I spent the whole fishing trip puking and have worn them ever since with no problems

II think I like the mi dushi a little better then jolly pirates because of the lunch

you might also want to give de palm island a try when I first got there I looked at the crowd and development and thought there wont be any fish but there were school of parrot fish etc

Springfield...
Level Contributor
370 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What fishing and snorkeling tours would you recommend?

I have done both the DePalm snorkel tour and the Mi Dushi snorkel.

DePalm was nice on the large catamaran, great crew and great drinks but croweded.

The Mi Dushi is a wooden sailing vessel, you really get the feel for sailing. Again, great crew, great food and drinks, less people.

Have a good time!

5. Re: What fishing and snorkeling tours would you recommend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 10:23
Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach