We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyatt Regency - Worth the upgrade to Regency Club?

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Topic
Hyatt Regency - Worth the upgrade to Regency Club?

I was just curious if anyone feels it's worth the upgrade to "Regency Club" is it really that much better or just more $$$$ ?

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
135 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hyatt Regency - Worth the upgrade to Regency Club?

I'm also very curious about this as I'll be staying there the 1st week in August. I was on the club floor once at The Atlantis in the Bahamas and it had the same thing the Hyatt advertises (continental breakfast, snacks and drinks in the early evening) I liked knowing that I only had to walk down the hall to get a fresh cup of coffee and the snacks were a nice touch at night to hold us over until dinner. The Hyatt does charge more for their Regency floor though. Anyone else?

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,369 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hyatt Regency - Worth the upgrade to Regency Club?

I'm not familiar with the Regency Club at the Hyatt, but the extras are definitely a nice plus if you can afford it.

We stayed on the Club Level at the Hard Rock Hotel in Orlando and it was fabulous: breakfast, coffee, free bottled water and tonic all day, appetizers and beer and wine for 2 hours at night, and either an ice cream sundae bar or cookies and milk later at night.

How much more money are you talking? For us (a family of 4), it cost us about $100 more per night than a regular room.

NJ
Level Contributor
133 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hyatt Regency - Worth the upgrade to Regency Club?

We were at the Hyatt several weeks ago and stayed on the 3rd floor ( used points). Meet some people on the REGENCY CLUB level ( 9th floor). I guess it depends how much extra it will cost. When we inquired we were told noromms avaialble even if I wanted to pay the difference per night. They never told me but I think it was advertised on the Hyatt website as between $100- $150 more per night. If you can afford it, I thin kthe convience is worth it.

Boston...
Level Contributor
722 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hyatt Regency - Worth the upgrade to Regency Club?

I just booked the Hyatt..regency club..great deal..I called the hotels main number and got AAA discount 75.00 less per nite than advertised on websites...decided it was worth the extra...I hope it is..we usually stay at the westin or raddison...this will be first time at Hyatt...are there any Balconies there...that it the one thing i would really miss....the rad was completely sold out

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
135 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hyatt Regency - Worth the upgrade to Regency Club?

good tip sheri18! I already have roadside assistance for my car but joined AAA today anyway specifically for this discount. I'm booked at the Hyatt in August (regency floor) and sure could use that $75 per night discount - hope it works!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
81 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hyatt Regency - Worth the upgrade to Regency Club?

The Hyatt has a current promotion which gives you the 5th night free BUT it does not apply to the Regency Club rooms according to their reservation people. That makes the difference in price significant, roughly $1600.00 for 5 nights, which includes the 5th night free versus $2500.00 for the Regency Club room. Not sure if that room is worth an additional $900.00. I don't mind paying more for a Regency room but I hate the idea of losing that free night.

Boston...
Level Contributor
722 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hyatt Regency - Worth the upgrade to Regency Club?

Does anyone know if the 9th floor rooms have balconies..forgot to ask when i booked????????

Connecticut
Level Contributor
81 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hyatt Regency - Worth the upgrade to Regency Club?

sheri, according to the Hyatt web site, the Regency Club rooms all have step out balconies. I guess that means that they are pretty small. In fact many of the rooms on the other floors other than the Regency also have step ot balconies.

9. Re: Hyatt Regency - Worth the upgrade to Regency Club?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach