We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Riu really a 3.5 star

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
529 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Is Riu really a 3.5 star

Is the Riu really just a 3.5 star...it looks a lot better than that. Anybody recently been there

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,464 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Riu really a 3.5 star

There have been TONS of threads and posts on the Riu in the past month or so. If you do a search on the forum for Riu, you'll find posts from people giving a trip report.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
5,039 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Riu really a 3.5 star

It's only recently opened. So - anyone giving feedback on the hotel or in the forum has been there "recently".

The forum, in fact, has been inundated with posts regarding RIU over the last month.

All you need to do is search for them and read them and I'll sure you'll find a lot of useful/helpful information.

3. Re: Is Riu really a 3.5 star

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2011, 13:57
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,212 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Riu really a 3.5 star

I can tell you that after the Westin St. Maarten opened most reviews were not favorable for a few months and after that they have been very good. From what I see anyone that goes to a new hotel the first few months are not impressed and after that usually it is ok. I personally wouldn't book a new hotel for at least 3-6 months after the opening. The Westin opened in December and we went in April and it was wonderful. We wondered why all the bad reviews.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,212 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Riu really a 3.5 star

I can tell you that after the Westin St. Maarten opened most reviews were not favorable for a few months and after that they have been very good. From what I see anyone that goes to a new hotel the first few months are not impressed and after that usually it is ok. I personally wouldn't book a new hotel for at least 3-6 months after the opening. The Westin opened in December and we went in April and it was wonderful. We wondered why all the bad reviews.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
56 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Riu really a 3.5 star

My husband and I got back 9/16 from the Riu. After our 4-night stay, I would give it 4.5 star rating. Junior suite was large, clean and modern. Food was varied, well-prepared, and delicious. Service, except for the front desk, was friendly, prompt and professional. Front desk personnel need a little more experience and organizational skills. Property was well maintained except for the beach which should have been cleaned of straws and plastic cups more often.

7. Re: Is Riu really a 3.5 star

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 16:17
Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach