We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned from RIU!

Greenwich...
Level Contributor
347 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Just returned from RIU!

Just returned from Riu Palace Aruba (10/03-10/11)...any questions?? I would be more than happy to help!!

Rocky Hill Ct
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just returned from RIU!

How awesome!!! Did you post a review yet? Was it amazing? We leave next Sunday the 21st...what type of room did you get? I think you posted before that you were going to Flying Fishbone, did you do that? Tell us all about it...

Rocky Hill Ct
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just returned from RIU!

Sorry, actually you said you were going to Passions...I have made reservations at both places, Passions and Flying Fishbone, not sure which one we will go with for our 10th Anniversary...

New York City
Level Contributor
88 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just returned from RIU!

My wife and I ate at the Flying Fishbone in early August. It is a fabulous dining experience both from setting and great food. You sit at tables on a sand beach, take your shoes off and enjoy. Great to watch the sunset and the water come higher on the beach. Would do this over any indoor restaurant except maybe Ruins del Mare.

Greenwich...
Level Contributor
347 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Just returned from RIU!

Review coming SOON! and YES we had a wonderful time! We had a JR suite on level 5 facing the ocean AND pool (beautiful!) and we did eat at Passions!! It was so romatic, the sunset, tables, setting, and the live singer!! I have to tell you all, the food was NOT worth the price! We each got the 45 dollar "surf and turf" and the filet mignon was as thin as half a deck of cards!! The lobster tail was small as well. For a 45 dollar - a - piece meal, we expected more with the food! The ambiance was wonderful though! More reviews to come! (Oh and we couldnt get reservations to flying fishbone!!)

Rocky Hill Ct
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just returned from RIU!

Can't wait for your review. I have a confirmed reservation for the 25th at Flying Fishbone but I hear it's a $60 cab ride round trip from the Riu...may go with something in the hotel or see if Passions responds to my email reservations. Any restaurant in the hotel that was your favorite?

New York City
Level Contributor
88 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just returned from RIU!

Rent a car for the day, will cost you less and you can go around the island during the day. Don't miss Flying Fishbone, food was great and adequate portions.

Rocky Hill Ct
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just returned from RIU!

Yeah, that has been suggested but hate to drive where we don't know the area, but may consider that, thanks

New Jersey
Level Contributor
5,038 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just returned from RIU!

Sadie - You could also walk down to the beach to Marriott and have dinner at Simply Fish. The food, service, and ambiance are amazing. You won't be disappointed - and it's a heckuvalot (new word) less expensive than the cab fare to FF.

Enjoy.

Rocky Hill Ct
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just returned from RIU!

Love the new word...thanks for the suggestion...I'm just hoping we find a favorite at the Riu that way it's free...not that we are cheap or anything but our view is that we have paid for this vacation myaswell (new word again) enjoy!!

Greenwich...
Level Contributor
347 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Just returned from RIU!

yes, the cabs are very expensive, so choose where you want to take it!! The Passions trip cost 10 dollars a way and its only 2 minutes down the road!! OH and by the way, my review is up!!

Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach