We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airfare from east coast

Which Palm - Eagle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
na
Level Contributor
21 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Airfare from east coast

We have been watching airfare for an upcoming trip in Jan. from Boston (or close airport like MHT) to Aruba. What is a good airfare? I want to be ready to purchase it when the price is right!!

Boston...
Level Contributor
270 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airfare from east coast

We have always found MHT to be more expensive than Boston. We have spent $500 from Boston each time. This time it is JetBlue direct. At this point, they are the only carrier that flies direct and they only do it on Sat. We do not go during high season so I am not sure what the difference might be.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airfare from east coast

Unfortunately, it seems that airfare is steadily on the rise, regardless of where/when you travel.

We paid $1300 this year for two tickets, round-trip to Aruba (incl. taxes and fees), traveling in September on JetBlue.

As Pam mentioned, the good news is that JetBlue is still offering direct flights for Saturday travel. For me, to be on the beach by 1 p.m. is worth the extra money.

Hollywood, Florida
Level Contributor
355 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airfare from east coast

I have to agree with the others, even though we're in South Florida ours is still pricing out at about $300 each - non-stop. I have put this trip off for several years cause the price was more and not even for a direct flight....biting the bullet this year and doing it cause it may never be too low. But, I have been keeping an eye on fares through fare compare and some prices have come down due to many consumers not flying right now. You should use a travel agent and have them keep an eye on it for you...........good luck!

Long Island
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Airfare from east coast

Booked airfare on Sunday from JFK to Aruba non-stop on JetBlue. For the two of us round-trip airfare the total came to $1230.00. Of course if I had booked the night before it would have cost me $40 less because the prices keep jumping so I am happy we locked in when we did. We're flying out 9/28 and returning Sunday 10/5. We also booked extra legroom for $20 per seat. So for the two flights that cost us an extra $80 but it's well worth it. My fiance is 6'3 and he always complains. This is of course our honeymoon as well so we don't want to be uncomfortable, we don't mind spending a little extra. I would book soon if I were you. I hear prices are due to go up double in the coming weeks...

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
150 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airfare from east coast

We paid $479.00 each from Buffalo, flying Delta. One stopover each way. I thought it was a great deal. Flights from Toronto, although they are direct, would have been twice the price. We are going the last week of October.

MA
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airfare from east coast

We are flying out of Hartford this month with a stop each way for $1400 (two tickets). That was the cheapest I could find back in December :(

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
104 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airfare from east coast

Round Trip non-stop Saturday flights Feb 21 thru Feb 28 $1,360 for two including all fees. These are US Airways flights (1685 down, 1686 back), are very popular and the times are convenient: we can be on the beach by 3:15 upon arrival and don't have to be at the airport until noon upon departure.

new jersey
Level Contributor
234 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Airfare from east coast

We paid $485 a tix for august direct out of newark on continental. The morning flight was $750 we are leaving at 11am. We took a later return flight to make up for the beach time we will lose on the front end.

Boston
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Airfare from east coast

we paid $219 each way direct flights on Jet Blue out of Boston for May, I booked just after Christmas and so glad I had, just a week later (Jan) it was much higher.

Reading...
Level Contributor
42 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airfare from east coast

It is tough. You have to get lucky. We booked through a travel agent and paid $470/person with American and have a layover in Miami. We are going this May. Just checked the price yesterday and the same flight is going for $900+ pp.

Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach