We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Size of room safe at Riu...laptop fit???

Which Palm - Eagle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, Canada
Level Contributor
136 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Size of room safe at Riu...laptop fit???

1) does the Riu have wireless?

2) is the safe in the room large enough to lock my laptop while I am out of the room?

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Size of room safe at Riu...laptop fit???

Yes, the Riu has WiFi. Not sure on the size of the safe..

ATLANTA
Level Contributor
841 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Size of room safe at Riu...laptop fit???

Haven't been there but I've never seen a room safe large enough to hold a laptop.

I've seen ads with a steel cable and a lock. If you're concerned why not get one of those and loop it through the laptop and tie the cable around a piece if furniture in the room?

I would guess that the people had rather have $$$ or jewelry rather than a laptop,

Kent

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Size of room safe at Riu...laptop fit???

PLENTY of stolen laptops have been reported and there are some hotels with safes large enough for a laptop.

If the Riu doesn't have safes large enough...people use the cable/lock as suggested above or lock it inside one of your suitcases - do NOT leave it out when you are away from your room.

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,701 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Size of room safe at Riu...laptop fit???

I have a very small laptop.....it may have fit in the safe.....I do not travel with a computer.

They do have wireless but it is in the lobby....the few times I was on the Internet, I bought a 24 hour card for usage in the Sports Bar.

5. Re: Size of room safe at Riu...laptop fit???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 21:19
Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach