We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manchebo Beach Resort

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
231 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Manchebo Beach Resort

Hello,

We are going to Aruba in January. This is our 2nd trip to Aruba. The first time we stayed at the Tam. The food is okay and the beach in front of the Tam rocky. But we would walk over to the beach in front of the Divi and loved it.

We are booked at the Riu in January and after reading much about Palm beaches water quality I am thinking of changing reservations to another hotel in the low rise (Eagle) beach area.

I am trying to find out some info on Manchebo Beach Resort and any other resorts in the low rise area that people have stayed in and liked.

Thanks

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,892 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manchebo Beach Resort

I have stayed at Bucuti, next to Manchebo, for the past nine years and love the hotel. It is not AI.

The beach is fantastic and the water is a beautiful aqua color with a sandy bottom. Check out their website for accomodations, etc. Starting in 2009, free breakfast will be included. Presently, they offer a free continental breakfast.

Manchebo offers an AI option but, IMO, is not a good deal. It is a great little hotel that shares the same beach as Bucuti. I am seriously considering making a reservation there in April 2009. Tough to break away from Bucuti, but this has been a tough year and the difference in cost makes Manchebo look real attractive. I will not choose the AI option.

Manchebo offers a 10% discount for AARP or AAA members. Bucuti offers the same to AAA members- not sure about AARP.

There are several good restaurants within walking distance of Manchebo. They include Screaming Eagle and LeDome. Many others are a short taxi, bus or rental car ride.

If you MUST go AI, I'd suggest looking into Divi. Tamarijn is good, but the beach is problematic at times.

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manchebo Beach Resort

Manchebo our favorite place because...

Intimate, quiet and romantic and the best darn beach and spa!!!! The front desk will know your name by the end of the first day and you will soon realize that this is the only way to vacation :) True island bliss - nothing fancy AT ALL, so if that is important it might not be for you.

As Tony mentioned, I would not do AI over here as you don't have many options. The Pega Pega is great for lunch and we always enjoy breakfast at Manchebo. Even if we are not staying there (timeshare reasons) we always make a few trips for breakfast.

Others to consider are Bucuti and Amsterdam Manor. If you want to rent a timeshare check out Costa Linda.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
231 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manchebo Beach Resort

Hello Tony,

Thank you for responding. So there is not much in the way of rocks in the ocean in front of Manchebo?

We are staying at the Westin for 3 days (it is free due to points) so I figure we will get a big enough taste of Palm Beach and what it has to offer. Then we were to switch to Riu but as I stated previously I am wary of the ocean conditions in that area. AI is not mandatory and when we stayed at the Tam we went out to El Gaucho and thought it pretty resonable.

If breakfast is free that is just a bonus!

Thanks again.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
231 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manchebo Beach Resort

Hello Trizi,

Thanks for your info. Fancy is not as important as clean. Sounds like the Manchebo is a nice place.

Tony is it Manchebo that will offer free breafast or Bucuti?

Thanks,

Tina

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,892 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manchebo Beach Resort

Bucuti for the free breakfast.

No rocks in water at Bucuti or Manchebo.

Check the websites for more info. Bucuti has a live cam.

Forest Hill...
Level Contributor
415 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manchebo Beach Resort

We did our 4th trip to Aruba this past Oct. The first 3 trips we stayed at the Bucuti which we loved. This last trip we decided on the Manchebo because there was a $600 difference in price for the 2 weeks that we were there. Not sorry about our choice. Even though the rooms were not quite as nice as the Bucuti they were very clean and the bed was comfortable. The staff was great too. Always a smile from them. Would definitely stay at the Manchebo again.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
231 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Manchebo Beach Resort

Thanks for everyones great information. Now I have to see how much money I will lose if I change hotels.

8. Re: Manchebo Beach Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach
Recent Conversations