We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Raddison really worth the extra $$$$$?

Salem, New Hampshire
Level Contributor
75 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Is Raddison really worth the extra $$$$$?

At $500 +/- per night in February, I really need to know; Is the Raddison worth it? When I walked through the property last year, I fell in love with it and I really want to stay there... but we could save $1000-$2000 if we stay at Amsterdam, HI or even Bucuti. If it really is the BEST I want to stay there...But IS IT WORTH IT?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
264 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Raddison really worth the extra $$$$$?

It all depends on what is important to you and which beach you prefer!

If you are a pool person you can't beat the 2 free form pools at the Radisson.

I think their stretch of beach is one of the nicest on Palm Beach with plenty of Palapa's and calm clear water.

If you don't really care about your room then you could probably stay somewhere else cheaper but $500.00 a night sounds really high for a standard room where did you get your prices from?

Try http://www.aruba4u.com/ they only deal with Aruba and they usually have great prices

Good luck in whatever you decide you'll love Aruba!

MASSACHUSETTS
Level Contributor
382 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Raddison really worth the extra $$$$$?

Hi ShellyMelly: 500.00 sounds a little steep; although that is their high season. We are going in November and staying at the Wyndham which I believe is very close to the Radisson. Why not try there? I like a nice room; however, how much time are you going to spend in it? I would look a little further and get some more prices and see what you come up with. You can take the money that you save on a room and get a massage!! Good luck.....let us know what you decide!!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
70 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Raddison really worth the extra $$$$$?

We stayed at the Radisson and loved it, however we went the first week of Sept. (low season) and only paid $259 for a partial ocean view. We ended up paying $50 a night more to get the concierge service, after they gave us a free upgrade to that floor. The other places you're mentioning don't compare with the Radisson. On the other hand, $500+ is a lot of money for a room you won't spend much time in. I've read pretty good reviews about the Bucuti, although I haven't seen it. I think the Radisson is the best on the island, but you could also check the rates on the Hyatt (which will probably be a little higher), the Marriott or the Wyndham.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
70 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Raddison really worth the extra $$$$$?

One more thing I should mention. If room selection is important to you, you may not want to spend that much for a room at the Radisson. You may get a king bed (unlikely, they don't have many and they give top priority to honeymooners) or two doubles. You many get smoking or non. They won't even guarentee which tower you will be in.

Trenton, NJ
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Raddison really worth the extra $$$$$?

Not sure where you got that rate quote from but that is high. Go to http://www.travelunlimited.com as this agency specializes in Aruba has great rates and service.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
370 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Raddison really worth the extra $$$$$?

I thought so but then again I did not pay that price.

You stay classy...
Level Contributor
168 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Raddison really worth the extra $$$$$?

Stayed in the Radisson via 4 day package with Apple. Wasn't anywhere close to 500 per night for an oceanview room. We were there in Sept 04.

The hotel was great, pools were exceptional and the beach was very nice in a good location.

Level Contributor
63 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Raddison really worth the extra $$$$$?

Shelly,

The Radisson is definitely worth the extra $$$$$$$$. It is the nicest hotel on the island and the service is excellent. We have been twice and can't wait to go back. I recommend the concierge level of the Aruba tower. Try booking through GWV TNT, or Expedia and you can get a better deal.

Enjoy!!!!!!

Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach