We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club

chicago
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club

Hello!

We leave next week and are staying at the marriott ocean club in a 2bdrm unit.

Does this resort have a spa? What are the spa facilities like? what do they consist of? How about a gym? Hair salon?

How do the beach palapas work, pay/reserve, when is best time and which palapa is the best for people who don't want to be too close to others? We just like to read/drink/sleep/snack ad swim....but be on the beach all day under shade.

Will we be able to make a pitcher of drinks and bring it to the beach if it is in plastic?

Would really appreciate if anyone has some good tips for us!!

Also, where can we buy fish/lobster from the fishermen?

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
963 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club

Here is a link that will answer most of your questions.

www.arubaoceanclub.com/pages/resortinfo.html

No problem taking plastic to the pools or beach.

The fishermans dock is a bout a 60 second walk from the Ocean Club:)

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club

The on-site spa is called Mandara. I've had a couple of facials there. Very good, but pricey, as to be expected.

The palapas are not on top of each other, so no worries there. Some palapas are available for pay reserve ($15 first/second row or $10 for subsequent rows, last I was there) and can be reserved up to three days in advance. Others are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. The line forms fairly early in the morning, so if you do not want to pay to reserve and prefer a first or second row palapa, you may want to be in line early.

That said, if your palapa location is not an issue, there are typically always a few available toward the rear of the beach. In fact, I have seen them go empty all day!

Yes, you can bring plastic pitchers to the beach.

Not certain about the fish purchase, so I cannot help you there.

Best of luck planning your trip. I think you will love the Ocean Club.

Dayton, OH
Level Contributor
3 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club

You will like the OC. We stayed there last week...sigh... Never tried the spa, but there is one. The gym is fine. Tons of treadmills and weights and such. Not busy throughout the day. For the palapa's get there before 9am to get a decent spot, and make sure to stay on the OC property. If you get a palapa on one of the other properties, they will more then likely kick you off. They did for us since we weren't staying in their rooms (hint: color of towels gives it away). As far as drinks, we brought down Vodka, Rum, and Seagrams to Aruba and drank those both around the pool and beach. Doing this made the trip A LOT cheaper. Or you can always take the bus or taxi to a grocery store, you can't walk there, and get alcohol and groceries. Just make sure no glass. Only plastic or cans.

chicago
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club

So the fitness area, does it have locker rooms and a steam room/showers in the locker area or is it just an exercise room with no locker rooms?

Good thing I asked about the palapas....i would have just plopped down anywhere!

5. Re: Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2009, 05:32
Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach