We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin Aruba or Radisson?

Chicopee MA
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Westin Aruba or Radisson?

I am going ton my honeymoon next year to Aruba for the first time. I am torn between the radisson and Westin. The Westin will be around 600-700 cheaper and we are on a budget but not sure if there is a big difference between the 2. Please advise.

Thanks!!

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
1,626 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Westin Aruba or Radisson?

I stayed at and like them both. Radisson has a more "tropical" atmosphere as the grounds are very lush & nice, but the Westin is nice too. I actually like the rooms at the Westin better as they all have a balcony view. If you are in a lower room at the Radisson, you have no view of the ocean at all. Just a personal preference. I like the Radisson's policy of getting a palapa better. You sign up for theirs mid-afternoon. The Westin, you get in line early in the morning. But overall, if you're on a budget (as you mention) and can save that kind of money, I'd choose the Westin.

gadawgs907
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Westin Aruba or Radisson?

If these are your definite two choices than Radisson. Its nicer and in a more central location. (Westin is at the very end of the beach). if these are not your only two choices, my first choice to recommend would be the Marriott. Good Luck!

Monroe, Connecticut
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Westin Aruba or Radisson?

I would definitely say the Radisson. There really isn't anything I don't like about it, it's a great place. Always chairs available at the pool and beach, the staff is so nice, food is good and they have a great spa. I stayed at the Westin last year and it was awful. Hope you have a great time!

Maryland
Level Contributor
236 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Westin Aruba or Radisson?

For the same price I would choose the Radisson. Since you are on a budget and the Westin is $600 - $700 cheaper I would choose the Westin especially if the savings would allow you to have more fun once you are there.

NJ
Level Contributor
2,317 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Westin Aruba or Radisson?

Just curious, what is the charge per night at the Westin & what does it include?

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,913 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Westin Aruba or Radisson?

Check with MCM Tours http://www.aruba4u.com/ for specials on the Radisson and Westin. Their packages include the breakfast buffet. The money you save may make the Radisson more affordable.

When our budget could afford it we preferred the Radisson, if not the Westin was better than staying home.

Considering it is your honeymoon, I would rather you see you go with the Radisson for something a bit nicer.

NJ
Level Contributor
2,317 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Westin Aruba or Radisson?

I asked about the rate because on expedia, they quote $324.52 (tax & breakfast included) for an OV room at the Westin. The Bucuti is $287.67 (tax & breakfast included) for a Superior Gardenview. I've stayed at both and while the low rise is a different experience, I think it's a much nicer environement for a honeymoon & a much nicer beach.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
574 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Westin Aruba or Radisson?

We too stayed at both hotels and prefer the Radisson. We like the beach and pool better than the Westin, and the over all feeling of the resort. We like to be able to reserve a palapa (hut on the beach) during the afternoon for the following day instead of having to be up early in the morning to reserve a hut at the Westin for that day. That being said, the Westin is a fine resort and with money (ALWAYS) being an issue, you will be happy at the Westin. Just a suggestion, for the last fifteen years we have booked our trips at Players Choice Travel- 1 800 79 ARUBA and they have gotten us the best price. Good luck and congratulations.. you will love Aruba

Beverly Hills...
Level Contributor
2,900 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Westin Aruba or Radisson?

Since you only get married once...and you are on your honeymoon...I would suggest the Rad since the rooms are a bit nicer and they have a good room service menu and you won't be leaving it for at least the first three days! ;)

New Jersey
Level Contributor
53 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Westin Aruba or Radisson?

We have been going to Aruba for 8 years now. We love Aruba, for many reason, but it is (for whatever reason) one of the few places that I can totally relax. And the Raddison is a big reason. I really like the grounds, the lobby, the people, the beach there, and the palapas and the way they allow you to reserve them.

We had our trip this summer cancelled, because I had a health emergency. The way Aruba4u AND the Raddison handled it was SO nice, as it took away all our worries. We have REbooked for the end of November, and it is of course, at the Radisson. Same price, and all done through Aruba4U.com. Guy and Ursella (sp?) have always been great to deal with. I strongly suggest you contact them if you are going to Aruba.

I wish the bar area was better at the Raddison. That would be my only complaint.....if it really is a complaint.

Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach