We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time to Aruba- getting cold feet

Burlington, Ontario
Level Contributor
49 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
1st time to Aruba- getting cold feet

I have been reading many things on this forum about Mariott Stellaris that have me second guessing about our hotel choice.

I choose this hotel because it prettry much free on my points (Mariott Gold Mem) I have booked a king room with sofa bed, Ocean Pool View room and have requested a air matress for my daughter(they don't have adjoining rooms). Can someone please help me with these questions. 1- is there room for an air matress or will it be crowded 2. Can someone who has been there recently tell me if the hotel really smells of smoke or if the water smells like sewage and the sand is mucky. 3.What is the best tower to stay in (I've read north tower) and i don't know what that means. Going in March and am considering change of hotel.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
124 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st time to Aruba- getting cold feet

I wouldn't change your hotel. We stayed last year and nothing smelled and it was a beautiful property. We had the same room and there should be enough room for an airmatress by where the small couch is. You might just have to rearrange a few chairs.

If there is going to be a smell on the beach I don't think it is going to be limited to the property just in front of the Marriott. I can't remember which tower we were in but seemed the entire hotel was updated and the same. I highly recommend the Marriott, not a fault to be had. Stop worrying and go enjoy Aruba, it was one of the best vacations we've had.

Burlington, Ontario
Level Contributor
49 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st time to Aruba- getting cold feet

OMG, thank you so much for your reply. I can't help the worry, it's my nature. We havent been on a family vacation in years, I just want our stay to be comfortable and thought I'd ask the experts on TA. I've spent hours on TA reading comments and made a number of calls to the hotel directly. I'll take your advice though. Thank you. Anymore advice would be greatly apreciated.

CT
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st time to Aruba- getting cold feet

I havent stayed there, but from what i have been told- you wont be dissapinted!!!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
124 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st time to Aruba- getting cold feet

No problem, I'm the same way. But we had such a wonderful time, and Aruba is so relaxing. Everyone is nice and they make the tourists feel welcomed. We are going back in July we loved it so much! =)

Burlington, Ontario
Level Contributor
49 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st time to Aruba- getting cold feet

Thanks for putting my mind at ease.

Maryland
Level Contributor
236 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st time to Aruba- getting cold feet

The Marriott is a lovely property. Everything is new and the beds are very comfortable. I think there are some new towel rules and palapa reservation rules based on recent reviews. Just be aware of the rules and go with the flow.

You might be able to get a gold upgrade by March if they are not sold out. They do not offer a free breakfast though as they are a resort property. The Tradewinds lounge is not considered a concierge lounge and I think it is now limited to adults only.

Burlington, Ontario
Level Contributor
49 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1st time to Aruba- getting cold feet

Yes, thanks for that advice. I did try to get on the tradewinds club but my kids weren't allowed. I read about the palapas and towels as well. This is one of the other reasons for my hesitation. But I guess there may be good and bad with any hotel we stay at....I hope its more good than bad for us.

Thanks Again

Maryland
Level Contributor
236 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1st time to Aruba- getting cold feet

I think it is the best choice on the island. The Hyatt might be slightly better in some ways but I like having the larger balcony at the Marriott.

We will be at the Surf Club in late Feb. The 2BR units are nicely done and the extra space is really great. You might want to consider taking the tour there as they are not "hard sell" and you can choose between getting points or $$ towards dinner or activities.

Burlington, Ontario
Level Contributor
49 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1st time to Aruba- getting cold feet

Great, thanks. I'll do that

Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 1st time to Aruba- getting cold feet

I just visited Aruba in October and stayed at the Marriott Stellaris. The rooms are lovely - no smoke smell at all, and though there were no children in my group, I did notice many activities geared to children, and a number of families with small children. The beach was also clean and the water was clear. SO relax! and have a great time.

Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach
Recent Conversations