We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bucuti Resort vs. the Hyatt

Which Palm - Eagle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Bucuti Resort vs. the Hyatt

I am debating between the Bucuti Resort and the Hyatt Resort. I love the idea of an adult only place, but I don't love the pictures of the pool at the Bucuti Resort. The Hyatt definitely looks more upscale, but is it loaded with lots of kids? Also, how far apart are the two resorts?

CT
Level Contributor
205 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bucuti Resort vs. the Hyatt

From what I understand (I was looking into both of these as well) Bucuti is kinda away from the hustle and bustle of everything. I may be wrong. I just remember that was my reason for not booking at Bucuti. As for the Hyatt, this was my 1st choice till I found out the balcany is small. To me this is a big deal but for others it isn't!

I'm booking at Radisson

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
14,894 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bucuti Resort vs. the Hyatt

If you want a quiet (and HUGE) beach and a quiet hotel (adults only at their Tara Suites) - Bucuti

If you want activity and a nice pool - Hyatt or Radisson

If you want a balcony you can sit on - Bucuti or Radisson

The Bucuti is about a 5 minute car/taxi ride from the Hyatt and Radisson (by bus, maybe 10-15 minutes.)

Edited: 10 February 2010, 21:21
North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,609 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bucuti Resort vs. the Hyatt

You are deciding, argueably, between the best hotel on Palm Beach and the best hotel on Eagle Beach. FYI, once you see the beach at Bucuti it is unlikely that you will care about the pool. It is rare to see more than a couple of people in the pool at any time. The Hyatt offers the most beautifully landscaped property in Aruba. The lobby is fantastic and the rooms were recently renovated. To compare apples to apples, I think that you have to decide between Hyatt and Bucuti Tara Suites. Here is how I would compare the two properties. Important to note that just because one has a feature that is superior doesn't mean the other is not of high quality.

Beach - Bucuti

Palapa situation - Bucuti

Grounds - Hyatt

Pool - Hyatt

Location - depends. More restaurants, activities, etc at Hyatt

Location - more serene at Bucuti. Easy to get anywhere, so location is a minor issue.

Rooms - Bucuti Tara Suites are BEACHFRONT and have full balconies or terraces on ground floor. Not so for Hyatt. Stand up balconies only. Not beachfront.

Tough choice. Good luck.

Gloucestershire.
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,393 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bucuti Resort vs. the Hyatt

We stayed at the Bucuti last September.

When we saw the pool my first thoughts were 'uhhhh too small' - but in actual fact we sat on the beach everyday because it was simply just soooooo beautiful.........

We did use the pool one day a couple of times - just to say we did !!!!!

The Villages...
Level Contributor
941 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bucuti Resort vs. the Hyatt

Hard decision. They both have their good points. We are partial to Bucuti Tara Suites. No kids, quiet, romantic, gorgeous beach, large ocean-front balcony, and very close to the high rise section or downtown (5 minutes by car) if you need the noise. You can't go wrong with either one.

NJ
Level Contributor
2,288 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bucuti Resort vs. the Hyatt

Don't forget, the Bucuti pool is smaller than the Hyatt's, but there are a whole lot less people there also. As someone else said, the beach is awesome and very few go to the pool.

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bucuti Resort vs. the Hyatt

I mean no disrespect when I ask this question - are you going to Aruba to hang at the pool all day, or for the beaches? If you are a pool person by nature, then staying at a resort with a large pool is obviously more important to you, and you could technically then go anywhere with a nice pool. The area around the pool at Bucuti usually doesn't have many people hanging around, they are all at the beach. We went to the pool daily at Bucuti during both of our visits in the afternoon to sit on the comfy lounge chairs and take a refreshing dip. Otherwise, we beached it all day. The comparisons made earlier between the Hyatt and Bucuti are spot on. Good luck choosing!

8. Re: Bucuti Resort vs. the Hyatt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2010, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach