We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon

Which Palm - Eagle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Derby
Level Contributor
23 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon

Hiya, i have checked out a few pages on the forum, but cant see many posts about honeymoons, so i have started a new one!

We are looking to come around the 20th Sept for our 2 week honeymoon.

It is quiet difficult finding holidays from the UK to Aruba, but this makes me more interested as i feel it will be more unique than other Caribbean islands.

Looks like we have to go via Amsterdam just to get there!

Upon looking i feel that we would be more suited to hotels in the Eagle Beach area as it looks more peaceful.

We do want All inclusive, but we normally still have a few meals out aswell to enjoy the local cuisine which i hear so much about!

As its our honeymoon we want min 4 star really to ensure we have a lovely stay with a few luxuries!!

Could anyone recommend the best hotels for us? I dont really want to be surrounded by too many children or roudy groups of people. Would like to have peaceful days by the pool or beach.

But at the same time, we want to be farely close to amenties for things to do, as we do like to get out and about exploring.

Looking to hire a car, push bike, go fishing, quad biking etc.

Have been looking at the Divi Aruba and the Tamarijn.

Was looking at the occedental but the reviews put me off.

The riu, but i think thats the wrong side for us.

Any suggestions would be fantastic.

Thank you

Helen

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,243 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon

I'm not sure that Aruba is going to fit all of your needs, however, there were some threads regarding honeymoons that I was able to find:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147249-i151-k2614…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147249-i151-k3272…

tripadvisor.com/…17133971

Good luck!

Derby
Level Contributor
23 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon

jl, thanks for the message.

To be honest, the only thing we would want to do is a deep sea fishing trip.

The rest of the holiday is what you make of it.

We dont really like too commercial places and i feel Mexico etc are more that way. I dont care for a Maccy D's put it that way!

Hence us looking at Aruba..

I am trying to persuade the other half to NOT go All inc as i fancy the Bucutti Beach.

He thinks we may get ripped off for food and drink when we are there, maybe more so in the hotel itself, i think he maybe wrong but i dont know.

Is it reasonable to eat and drink locally??

Thanks

Boston
Level Contributor
974 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon

Lke jl, I am not sure Aruba has what you are looking for. Eagle beach is nice and quiet, does have an AI but its not 4*. I hope you enjoy your honeymoon wherever you land.

PS- The one great thing about Aruba is its out of the hurricane belt so you may reconsider your vacation requirements.

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,652 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon

A full breakfast is included with the price at Bucuti. It is, IMO, the nicest hotel in the Eagle Beach area. The beach is very wide and palapas are not right next to each other. There will probably not be any children staying at the hotel There are only a few rooms availble in the main bldg. that will allow one child per room. Tara Suites at Bucuti are beachfront and very nice. Adults only. Of course, the price is higher than an ocean view or garden view room in the main bldg. We have stayed in most of the accomodations and find the garden view rooms to be a good value. Prefer 2nd floor with a balcony. Even number rooms are located on side with best view and are non smoking. Restaurant prices are probably less than they are in London or any large European city. Many are moderately priced by most standards. Pizza Bob's is right next door and receives very favorable reviews. Since you are staying for two weeks, you many consider staying at the Divi AI week one and Bucuti week two. Personally, I would prefer to stay at Bucuti both weeks.

Derby
Level Contributor
23 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon

One of the reasons we looked at Aruba is because it is out of the hurricant belt yes.

Tony, thanks good point about mixing the 2, maybe an option of not too expensive.

Think i will work on convincing the other half that All inc isnt the best option in Aruba!! :)

romford
Level Contributor
4,446 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon

Hi Helen,

Your can fly direct to Aruba. We have booked the Tamarjin through First Choice and Thomas Cook also go to Aruba.

Regards,

Pat

Gloucestershire.
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon

Holiday80,

You would love the Bucuti for your Honeymoon - It's an Adult only resort - so no little kids kicking sand around on the beach - and boy it's a FABULOUS beach!

We went there last September to celebrate our 25th Anniversary. We flew from Gatwick direct (9.5 hours). This year Thompson are flying on a Friday from Manchester and Saturday from Gatwick.... you can also upgrade from a normal suite - to the Tara Suites...which is a separate block looking directly over the beach/sea...... we made friends whilst there, and had drinks on their balcony - absolutely seperb!!!! You honestly could NOT go wrong! If you want any more info - just ask! We aim to be back there this Sept - just because we've fallen in love with it!

Boston
Level Contributor
974 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon

I think the Bucuti would be GREAT! Like Tony said, one meal is free. Plenty of places to eat on the island that reasonable. If you want to spent $150 for dinner you can but you could also dine for less than $50 quite easily.

Enjoy, and best of luck convincing the other half to go to something other than an AI.

9. Re: Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2010, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach