We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much should I pay for Rui in November?

brick, NJ
Level Contributor
70 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
How much should I pay for Rui in November?

Looked up prices through apple and go go vacation tours. Right now they are within $200.00 of each other comparatively. The agent felt hotel cost was on the high side but did not elaborate. Should i wait for a special to be offered. Any info of past Nov. travelors would be appreciated... Price is between $500.00 and $600.00 per night. I think seven nights was $2200.00 per person.

Thanks in advace :-)

n.y.
Level Contributor
947 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much should I pay for Rui in November?

I would wait until late summer and check on line with expedia , travelocity , cheap carribean and some of the other travel sites . Is the Rui a must , if not try other resorts . I think you can find cheaper rooms .

brick, NJ
Level Contributor
70 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much should I pay for Rui in November?

Thank you I think I will wait a while. The Rui sounds like a good fit as we want an all inclusive. The other reviews of AI hotels were not very good.

I was just wondering what to expect rate wise for that time of year?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,379 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much should I pay for Rui in November?

IMHO I would spend $150 a night and stay elsewhere. I can't see how you could spend $350 to $450 a day for food and drink.

brick, NJ
Level Contributor
70 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much should I pay for Rui in November?

We like all inclusive, but I agree that is alot to spend. I am hoping these are just rack rates and prices do go down... There is an offer/promo for$ 210.00 per person per night but through march. I will have to wait and see. Thanks for the advice, I have never been to Aruba, I wasn't sure what the average rate at a nicer resort is. I have been to other islands such as the Cayman Islands and ala cart is very pricy. Surprising how much you spend on little things, even drinks can add up quickl!

Would really love to hear from someone who has been to the rui during November for comparison rates :-)

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,500 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How much should I pay for Rui in November?

It is "High Season" until April and the Riu is a very nice place. This is AI, so the $ is high. Why do AI in Aruba with all the great restaurants. You can leave the resort and feel safe. Many visitors to Aruba take the bus! You can not do that in many of the islands. I travel to Aruba with girlfriends and drive, that is how safe this island is. Stay at the RIU and eat out and then you can reduce the $ if you want to travel in Nov. just my suggestion...

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,704 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How much should I pay for Rui in November?

That sounds extremely high compared to what we paid...and I take it that is not with your flight. It's too soon to book at that cost. Check every travel site you can. If I remember correctly, May/June is a good time to book the fall trips.

Michigan
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How much should I pay for Rui in November?

Hi! If you book the rate now directly through the RIU and the rate changes, they will adjust the rate for you. RIU customer service is the best!

brick, NJ
Level Contributor
70 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How much should I pay for Rui in November?

Thanks I just went to a TA and they said something similar. The hotel looks amazing! I just don't want to pay more because I am booking early. Can not wait to see Aruba :-)

Boston
Level Contributor
974 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: How much should I pay for Rui in November?

While I have never stayed at the Rui, there would be NO way I would pay $500-600 per night to stay there unless it was during a school vacation week, not november for sure.

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,704 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How much should I pay for Rui in November?

If you book at a high price, I would definitely get in writing that they will adjust the prices accordinly. It has not been my experience that a rate will be adjusted if you find a lower price once you book it.

Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach