We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental

nashville
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Topic
Car rental

We need a car to accomodate 4 of us plus luggage. suggestions for what make/model? we need to rent from airport and we have heard some horror stories from some of you on not getting a car there. Who is reputable and fair in price?

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,918 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental

I am not sure as to type of car, would think an intermediate should do. We have used Amigo in the past and they have provided excellent service. You could always email them and ask them what size car would acommodate what you described. http://amigocar.com/ They have always been prompt in replying to my emails. Even on Sunday :)

SHEBOYGAN WIS
Level Contributor
123 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental

We rented a car from Royal and they were waiting for us at the airport when our plane landed. Took us to there store and in 3o minutes we were on our way. We had a car for 6 days and stayed 9, they picked the car up at the hotel for us. Will use them again

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,399 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rental

We rented a minivan when we had 4 adults. Mainly because of the luggage issue; we didn't want to take a chance that a smaller vehicle wouldn't fit 4 large suitcases.

Michigan
Level Contributor
313 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Car rental

Check prices at Paylesscar.com. I reserved a mid-size car for 4 of us for $224.33 for 7 days (used my PaylessPerks membership to save a few $$). Not sure what car we'll end up with, it states "Passat or similar". Whatever it is, we'll make it work as we have in the past . .lol. Payless is not located at the airport, however their shuttle info states . . .

Shuttle Information:

Reina Beatrix Airport in Aruba. Shuttle service is provided to and from the airport. Upon your arrival, and after claiming your baggage, a Payless representative will meet you at the airport arrival lobby. The representative will be holding a sign with your name.

Beverly Hills...
Level Contributor
2,900 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Car rental

You may have noticed that all the posters mention shuttle and pick-up services...this is to avoid a very punitive airport tax, which ultimately effects the cost of your rental.....FYI

6. Re: Car rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2010, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach
Recent Conversations