We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Divi Phoenix

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Divi Phoenix

Sorry, can't find this info anywhere! Too many Divis!

Anyway, can you use all of the facilities at the other Divis if you stay at the Phoenix (pools, bars, etc.). Are the other pools, bars, etc. walkable from the Divi Phoenix? My vision is that Phoenix is part of a multi-plex that would be entirely walkable.

Lastly, we are thinking of booking via Expedia, they have the best flight/hotel combo, if we get the studio, is that a good room? Is there a specific room type we should request?

It's just me and DH, late 30s. Thanks. Going late Aug. 2010

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,876 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Divi Phoenix

Phoenix is the one Divi property that is isolated from all the rest and is not walkable one to the other Divi resorts.

We stayed in the old section a couple of years ago in a studio. It was comfortable.

With the completion of the new section the resort is better than ever.

If you don't have a car the bus will stop outside the main entrance and for $2.30 p.p. r.t will take you to the other hotels and to town.

Hull, Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,140 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Divi Phoenix

I'll admit, the whole Divi thing is confusing. Some are AI Resorts and others are Timeshares.Most are within walking distance of each other, except the Phoenix. I don't think you can rent a timeshare at the Phoenix and use the facilities at the Divi Divi, the Tam, but maybe you can at the other timeshares like the Divi Golf and Divi Village?? Not sure though and it would be a bus or cab ride away. Check out the Divi web page and it might become clearer where everything is in relation to each other.

If you stay at the Phoenix, ask for one of the new rooms and you'll love it.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Divi Phoenix

ooh bummer, thanks for clarifying. I was drawn to the Phoenix because of it's "resort" like feel. We are splitting our vacay and decided on half with the Renaissance -- so the other half we are looking for a beachfront property, something big with lots of pools and stuff. But not something secluded. Ideas?

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Divi Phoenix

The other Divi's (Dutch, Village) were options for us too, might that fit our bill more?

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,876 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Divi Phoenix

I would not describe Phoenix as "secluded" however Dutch Village is within the heart of the Divi family of timeshares and AI resorts situated steps off the beach and within walking of the other Divi properties. There is also a shuttle that goes around the various properties 24/7. There are three pools at Dutch Village.

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,488 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Divi Phoenix

Keep in mind that Divi Dutch Village is not on the beach, but it's behind the Tamarijn. Look at the reviews too.

www.divigolf.com/images/resortMap_Aruba.jpg

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Divi Phoenix

Hi, the rooms at Divi Dutch look...eh. What about the rooms at the Phoenix/Dutch Village Golf?

Does the resort shuttle go around the Divi Phoenix? And the Phoenix is on the beach, right?

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,488 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Divi Phoenix

I suggest you check out the rooms online at both the Phoenix and the Divi Village. Yes, as someone already stated, the Phoenix is on the beach. I have no idea about the shuttle; we had a car.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Divi Phoenix

Thanks jl, sorry if I've asked multiple questions, a lot of hotels on this island!

I keep leaning towards the Phoenix. I'm just concerned we will be bored. If the shuttle doesn't go by this property and we have nowhere to walk to...

Hull, Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,140 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Divi Phoenix

The phoenix is not on the shuttle, but it's on the edge or beginning of the Palm Beach area so there's alot within walking distance. Look at aruba-travelguide.com and it will give you some sense of where things are in relation to each other. The Phoenix is not secluded at all, just not near the other Divi properties.

Good luck!

Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach
Recent Conversations