We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling

Which Palm - Eagle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
massachusetts
Level Contributor
150 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Snorkeling

We would like to do some snorkeling on our own ,can you snorkeling on palm? or can anyone tell me of a place close by maybe further down the beach we are not big snorkelers

Chicagoland Area
Level Contributor
119 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling

Baby Beach is a good place to snorkel. You will need a car to get there if you are staying near the high or low rise hotels. It is about a 35 minute drive from the downtown area. This is one of the best places on the island to snorkel in my opinion. There are a lot of fish to see.

Enjoy your trip!!!

SE USA
Level Contributor
753 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling

Malmok is fairly close to Palm Beach and has pretty good snorkeling...

It is located on the attached map...

maps.google.com/maps/ms…

Connecticut
Level Contributor
966 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkeling

Arashi beach ... down past the surfers beach toward the lighthouse!!

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,891 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkeling

You would need to pay to get onto De Palm Island and it is very expensive. A compact car rental and a stop at the supermarket for some snacks is much less expensive than two passes for the day to the island. Beaches on the island are public so you would have free access for snorkeling.

One of our favorite spots is Boca Catalina and Catalina Cove. Here http://www.arubabound.com/dive/snorkeling.htm are location and entry info. Imo go earlier in the morning before the wind kicks up.

If you are not all that familiar with snorkeling you will find the entry very easy at Boca Catalina. We snorkeled here in December with a 10 yo boy who was snorkeling for the first time. He is also not a very good swimmer. Once we held his hand so he knew he was safe and began to swim north towards Catalina Cove he was totally entranced and did not want to leave :)

You can reach Boca Catalina via the public bus system. For more info see tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147249-i151-k3138… from some excellent first hand info.

Baby beach snorkeling is fine but please do not go outside the break. tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147247-i144-k2401…

Boston...
Level Contributor
279 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkeling

I must agree that Boca Catalina is a must. It is the perfect snorkel spot. Malmok is also a great place to try. Baby Beach has very nice water and the reef is pretty good. All three are great to enjoy for a perfect snorkel.

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,891 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snorkeling

Malmok is just south of Boca Catalina wikimapia.org/…b.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Snorkeling

Completely agree with ArubaLisa that Boca Catalina and Catalina Cove are wonderful areas for snorkeling. We go every year and always see something new! We also go earlier in the morning, to avoid the snorkeling tours that anchor nearby.

Cleves, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,618 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Snorkeling

Boca Catalina is our favorite spot.I have seen two turtles at Boca Catalina. For the first time in 6 trips we went to Mangel Halto. It is a very cool snorkel spot as well. It's not really as desolate as people say it is.... If you have a vest and can swim out past the buoy there is a galleon wreck. It was a bit choppy last week and I didn't want to chance it without a vest. It also gets very deep very fast but it's a nice spot.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
44 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Snorkeling

All this talk about Boca Catalina has got me really interested. We'll be down there in two weeks looking to snorkel. We've been to Baby Beach, Malmok, and DePalm island. My only question, is there any parking at Boca Catalina? I know Malmok has that little parking area. We'll have a rental car so if there was parking nearby that would be perfect.

massachusetts
Level Contributor
150 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Snorkeling

Thanks everyone for your input I think we will do the Boca Catalina how far is it from the Riu Aruba do we need a car?