We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wind in sept??

Which Palm - Eagle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
birmingham
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
wind in sept??

hi guys

just been reading the recent threads & i noticed someone wrote that the trade winds are worse in sept???

we're looking at aruba probs the riu next sept but i thought most people said that sept was the hotter month as the winds tend to have died down?

can any1 elaborate please?

would ideally like there to be less wind & it to be hot hot hot i love the heat!!!!

thanks

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,689 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wind in sept??

We went in Sept. last year and won't do it again because it was HOT. Hardly any breeze. So, if it's hot you want, go in Sept.

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,184 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wind in sept??

Sept and Oct are normally the least windy months in Aruba. We went in Sept one year and it was HOT (and we grew up in Fla.). If it's no wind you want, go for Sept., but don't say we didn't warn you...

birmingham
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wind in sept??

Thank you that's what I thought. The winds are meant to die down in sept aren't they?

When in sept did you go? Thinking of early sept.

Did you have much rain?

I don't mind wind its nice to have a breeze but not sure about a lot of wind lol

birmingham
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wind in sept??

Also is sept classed as the quiet season?

Don't fancy it heaving. Would like to get a lounger on the beach with no problems & less queues.

Thinking of the riu although don't know if to go the low rise as the beaches are quieter & less people. Which beach has the calmer sea if any?

Don't fancy big waves or a rocky beach.

Ideally a picture perfect beach (just returned from maldives so you get my drift) x

CT
Level Contributor
1,868 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wind in sept??

From what the locals told us, when there is a storm within a few hundred miles of the island, the native trade winds get 'sucked off' the island more or less... Sept is a fairly stormy season, so im guessing the frequency of storms in the gulf and caribbean may have somethign to do with it. We typically go in september, and we found that there is usually still a good trade wind. We have also gone in february, and it was a bit more windy.

But it is definitely one of the hotter months regardless of the wind. The downfalll of the wind, is the sandblasting that can occur while you're out on the beach!

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,689 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: wind in sept??

For calmer water, Palm Beach. For a wider and less crowded beach, Eagle Beach. There can be a bit of wave action off Eagle Beach, but it should be pretty calm in Sept. It's hard for me to direct you since all inclusine is not something that I would consider in Aruba. My guess is that you will be happiest at RIU.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,021 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: wind in sept??

We go to Aruba in Sept. every year. Love that month because it is the quietest month during low season and we also love that the water is much warmer during that month than in other months we've been to Aruba.

If the tradewinds die down or stop for a few days in Sept. (which does happen often) it will get very HOT.

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,460 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: wind in sept??

We went twice in Sept., both times very hot, and no wind. Friends who go in Sept. actually thought that it was "cold" when there for New Year's LOL. We will be going the last week in Sept. and the first week in Oct. Had Time Share time we had to use which is why we are going in Sept. otherwise we would have gone later. We'll see how it is this Sept. Hoping there will be wind since it is late Sept. I love New Year's and March in Aruba.

nj
Level Contributor
394 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: wind in sept??

From what I have heard the way the riu buildings are set up, it creates a windtunnell. I work with someone who said if they go back they will stay at the Occidental instead because of how windy the riu area was.

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,895 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: wind in sept??

JUNE is the windiest month

Average wind speed 20 mph

Average maximum wind speed 37 mph

October and November least windiest, followed by September

September

Average windspeed 15 mph

Average maximum wind speed 31 mph

October

Average windspeed 13 mph

Average maximum wind speed 28 mph

November

Average windspeed 13 mph

Average maximum wind speed 29 mph

I would go with September for least crowded and warmest water.

Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach