We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

radisson water

Riverdale, New...
Level Contributor
511 posts
Save Topic
radisson water

can anyone verify that the beach water at the radisson is not clear, but murky? my friend claims that the water is not as nice as it used to be. we haven't been there since oct 2008, and are returning in may 2011, regardless of the answer. thanks.

dcj
texas
Level Contributor
403 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: radisson water

Just back from Radisson today. I would say water is semi-clear. You can see your feet standing in about 3 feet of water. Would not describe it as murky though. Nice blue color.

Riverdale, New...
Level Contributor
511 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: radisson water

thanks!

Westfield, New...
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: radisson water

We love Aruba. We go all the time. Will go soon again. We always end up at the Radisson.

With that said. The water is Murkyish. Don't let anyone tell you any different. We have been there 6 times in the last 4 years. Standing in water to my lower chest, I have never been able to even see my bathing suit. AND, the water at the Radisson is the best, as far as we were able to tell during our walks up and down the beach.

If anyone tries to tell you the water is even remotely clear, don't listen. It is my only issue with Aruba, and it took us a few trips to accept it.

Mentioned in this post
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Riverdale, New...
Level Contributor
511 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: radisson water

wow- when we were there in oct of 2008 i was surprised at how clear the water was! i could see my toes!

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,972 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: radisson water

We have been going to Aruba since 1995 and have stayed at the Radisson four times. Also the Hyatt, Phoenix, Westin, Occidental and Playa Linda. Having said that, over the years, the water clarity varies from day to day, nevermind week to week. Overall I have noticed that if you walk Palm Beach early before the watersports boats and dive boats start up, you will find the water much much clearer.

FWIW, staying on Druif beach as we have our past 4 trips, the water conditions there are exactly the same, but minus watersports boats. Somedays the water is crystal clear and stays that way all day or for a couple of days. At other times the water is a little cloudy with suspended sand.

Either way the water along both beaches is always that beautiful shade of blue.

Mentioned in this post
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Phoenix
Phoenix
Central Arizona, AZ
Palm Beach
Palm Beach
6,941 Reviews
Aruba
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,427 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: radisson water

It gets milky/cloudy not murky. Murky would be what you find in a lake or pond. Your standing on sand not mush. All the water sport seem to make the water cloudy in front of the busier hotels. If you walk past the RIU it starts to get clear again. IMHO

7. Re: radisson water

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2011, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach