We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott Stellaris vs Bucuti

Portugal
Level Contributor
42 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Marriott Stellaris vs Bucuti

We are a couple going to Aruba next November. We like to be pampered, luxury, sun and beach. Our options are Marriott Stellaris and Bucuti. Can someone help us?

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,934 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriott Stellaris vs Bucuti

I don't think you will be pampered anywhere in Aruba. That is pretty subjective, so my idea of being pampered may differ from yours. Also, luxurious accomodations are nowhere to be found at any hotel in Aruba. Once again, subjective. The Aruban people are very friendly and the hotel personnel will be very courteous. Also, accomodations will be very clean.

Eagle Beach is generally considered to be the best in Aruba and that is especially true at the Bucuti. Closest that I can recommend would be Bucuti Tara Suites Penthouse. You get your own private palapa. Rooms are beachfront and adult only. go to bucuti.com and check out their live web cams.

Portugal
Level Contributor
42 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriott Stellaris vs Bucuti

The humidity in the interior of the buildings in Bucuti seems a real and annoying problem!!! We have read the reviews of tripadvisor and we think the actual dehumidifiers and air conditioner are not the perfect solution!... Can someone confirm?

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,934 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marriott Stellaris vs Bucuti

There are currently 681 reviews for Bucuti on this forum. 88.5% rate the hotel very good to excellent with the vast majority choosing excellent.

5.9% rated the hotel poor to terrible. The remaining 5.6 % rated the hotel as average. I could be wrong, but I don't think you will be happy with any choice in Aruba. It is just a vibe that I am getting. If I am wrong, then Bucuti would make a good choice. The rooms are right on the beach. Great view. Large balconies or patios. Spacious and clean. I have stayed at Bucuti 9 times. Once, we had a humidifier that made a slight rattling noise. We let it run all day and turned it off at night. No problem. I am not attempting to persuade you. Just providing information. Good luck. The rooms that I am referring to are the Tara Suites.

Edited: 14 August 2010, 14:42
Portugal
Level Contributor
42 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marriott Stellaris vs Bucuti

Ok. We had followed your advice and booked at Bucuti.

Thx a lot.

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,934 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marriott Stellaris vs Bucuti

Good choice. Enjoy your trip.

Austin, TX
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Marriott Stellaris vs Bucuti

We made our 10th visit to Aruba in July and own a timeshare at the Marriott Aruba Ocean Club. The Sunday morning of the World Cup, we were driving around the Eagle Beach area and decided to check out the Bucuti. Actually, we wanted to see where the webcam was located that we look at all the time when we are at home....and longing for Aruba. It was probably around 11:00 a.m. and what struck us about the Bucuti was how quiet it was. There were people around the pool and people on the beach, but it was almost as if you could hear a pin drop. There was no noise or sounds of any kind. We thought that was very odd.

But, the grounds and the beach area were lovely. It seems like a very nice place to stay, just way too quiet for our taste.

On this trip, we also stayed a couple of nights at the Stellaris. It is a very nice hotel and we would definitely stay there again. There is no humidity issue at the Marriott.

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,466 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Marriott Stellaris vs Bucuti

As they say, different strokes...:-) I think "odd" is a different way to describe Bucuti's quiet peacefulness. We absolutely love it, as do many of Bucuti's return visitors. I think comparing the 2 properties in trying to make a decision on where to stay simply can not be done; they are really total opposites.

Maine
Level Contributor
180 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Marriott Stellaris vs Bucuti

I agree . It is the peace quiet and total relaxing atmosphere that makes bucuti what it is. If you want noise and activity stay away from bucuti please.......... the rest of us won't miss you!

NY
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Marriott Stellaris vs Bucuti

oops

Edited: 28 August 2010, 23:31
10. Re: Marriott Stellaris vs Bucuti

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2011, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach