We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Pa.
Level Contributor
151 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Views and Balcony

Ok, this question is asked so much, but here it goes again! I have booked a partial ocean view room, junior suite. Which building should I request and which floor? I have heard that some floors have bigger balconies, like the end corner rooms. It is our 25 wedding anniversary, I was also wondering if I should try and upgrade to a bigger suite or maybe get lucky while checking in. Anyone ever get a free upgrade?

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,469 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Views and Balcony

We stayed in a room above the Steak House and had a HUGE balcony. The room was the second from the end of the hotel toward the water. I am not sure what the room number was, think it was considered either the 2nd or 3rd floor. It was great! Normally the partial ocean view rooms have a smaller balcony, but I actually like that building better for a breeze on teh balcony.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
100 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Views and Balcony

The first year we went we had a jr suite-partial ocean view. Building B, 9th floor, can't remember the room number, but it was on the end (not the end by the water), balcony was huge "L" shape, could see the ocean, pool/property and city views and views of the cruise ships in port. Very nice huge room, check out my pictures from 2008. I prefer higher up, as I feel I can see a lot more. _(I think I actually posted the pics in 2009.)

Edited: 27 August 2010, 22:57
Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,469 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Views and Balcony

Unfortunately I only posted pics from two of my trips to the RIU, the room that I had that had the huge balcony faced the pool and ocean. It was great. Will need to find my pics. If I do, I will post them.

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,469 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Views and Balcony

We were in room 335. I will try to post pictures, but it will take a few days for them to post. PM me with e-mail and I can e-mail them to you.

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,469 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Views and Balcony

My pictures of and from the large balcony we had (room 335) are now up under the RIU. You can also look under my name under pictures.

Pa.
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu Views and Balcony

For your 25th do not wait to request an upgrade at the desk. They are not very helpful and will say the hotel is full. If you want a special room reserve it before you go.

7. Re: Riu Views and Balcony

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2011, 08:17
Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach
Recent Conversations