We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Complimentary netbooks at Bucuti

Which Palm - Eagle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
42 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Complimentary netbooks at Bucuti

Last July Bucuti announced at the internet site that they offer complimentary Netbooks for use throughout the duration of guests stay. Can someone confirm it? What is its policy?

Thx.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Complimentary netbooks at Bucuti

Yes it is true, look on there web sight. It is part of the stay. I might bring my own (just because of free wif).

Sharon

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,243 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Complimentary netbooks at Bucuti

The last time I was at Bucuti 2 years ago, they had an internet center for complimentary use. They weren't Netbooks though - there were CPU's and monitors. Have they changed that?

If they do now have them, I can't imagine they allow guests to take them to their rooms? I would think they are in the internet center as before?

Edited: 31 August 2010, 23:04
jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,243 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Complimentary netbooks at Bucuti

I just found an article....looks like the Netbooks have video capability to chat with those at home. Nothing about the policy though, and I would still assume they are in the internet center.

"Aruba's premier resort for romance, is making it easier than ever for guests to connect with loved ones back home by offering complimentary Netbooks for use throughout the duration of their stay. Each of the compact portable computers is equipped with video capabilities, allowing guests to video chat as easily as they can e-mail, log on to Facebook or send a tweet. Bucuti offers free wireless Internet service throughout the resort along with a free wired connection in guestrooms, making it a breeze to hop online wherever, whenever. "

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
42 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Complimentary netbooks at Bucuti

May be Ewald could explain us how does it work...

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
42 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Complimentary netbooks at Bucuti

Hi everybody!

We asked Bucuti's MIS Manager the same question. Today we've got the answer:

"Indeed we are now offering a complimentary netbook for the duration of your stay. There is no need to book as we have enough netbooks for all rooms. All netbooks are equipped with a Wi-Fi card and we have Wi-Fi access throughout the resort.".

Great news! Keep on, Ewald... Good job!

Greetings from Portugal!

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,243 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Complimentary netbooks at Bucuti

So each room is getting its own Netbook? I have never heard of such a thing - amazing!

CT
Level Contributor
1,868 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Complimentary netbooks at Bucuti

that's pretty amazing! And awesome!

I would hate to be the IT tech at the Bucutti!! LOL

Im sure that was a pricey undertaking. Maybe the Manchebo can step it up and offer Ipads or something! :)

heck, us divi fans are still waiting for the divi and the tam to offer coffee makers in the room!!

New York
Level Contributor
332 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Complimentary netbooks at Bucuti

This is pretty impressive.

Carole =^..^=

9. Re: Complimentary netbooks at Bucuti

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2011, 06:24
Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach