We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving Airline Prices to Aruba

Which Palm - Eagle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
nyc
Level Contributor
643 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Thanksgiving Airline Prices to Aruba

I was looking at the prices for Thanksgiving week for airlines from the NYC area to Aruba and they are crazy high. Just 1 week prior is half. Unfortunately I need to minimize the # of days I can take the kids out of school so that is my only option. Any chance JetBlue or Delta will add more flights in the next month or two and reduce costs?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,217 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving Airline Prices to Aruba

Probably not. They have you between a rock and a hard place.

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,891 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanksgiving Airline Prices to Aruba

I agree. Supply and demand, unless the seats are not sold, you are not going to see any bargains. Your best bet is looking a discount carriers. Can you travel Saturday to Saturday on Air Tran through Atlanta or Orlando or on Spirit through Fort Lauderdale?

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanksgiving Airline Prices to Aruba

Keep watching those prices. Check them at least once a day and more if you can. Over and over again, I've seen pricing change just hours apart. You have to be flexible to some point. With your children in school, though, I definitely understand where you're coming from.

Two years ago we made a last minute trip over the long Thanksgiving weekend. On my first day of searching airfare, indeed the prices were out of sight...except the day before and returning the following Monday. Those prices had dropped between morning and afternoon. I grabbed 5 seats in the $400 range (including fees and taxes) while the others days were double and more. It's possible. Good luck.

CT
Level Contributor
1,868 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanksgiving Airline Prices to Aruba

we left for aruba ON thanksgiving a couple years back from JFK, Non stop.

It wasnt THAT much different in price than other years... our rule of thumbs is $500 or under per ticket is ok... though we like to aim for $400 ish.

From what i recall, it was close to $500 per ticket. so maybe a couple bucks more than usual.

it was AA or JETBLUE.

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,262 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thanksgiving Airline Prices to Aruba

In our experiences $ out of any NYC airport are high, even JETBLUE. consider Contiental out of Newark, sometimes they can be better but then you have to get to Newark, so add that $ to the ticket. Contiental from Newark and home to LGA on Saturday can work on cstrain days. Even with connecting planes, it can be expensive. Try it out of HPN, White Plains and connect, maybe 3 times, does that help?

Connecticut
Level Contributor
211 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thanksgiving Airline Prices to Aruba

We are going Thanksgiving week from Connecticut. When I booked the flights and hotels together online I got better deals out of Hartford than NYC. (Which is unusual). Plus parking is less expensive in Hartford. Try working a package out. Also we are returning on the Friday after TG which was cheaper by about $300 per person but it reduced our stay by 1 day.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,666 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thanksgiving Airline Prices to Aruba

Airfares have been on the rise - no dobut.

You could rent a timeshare for the week and off-set some of the airline costs - Wyndham (NYSE) has some nice deals and AARP members take additional 10% off - perfect for the family.

www.wyndham-vacations.com/main.taf…

8. Re: Thanksgiving Airline Prices to Aruba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2011, 04:17