We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Divi food and other advice

Maine
4 posts
Save Topic
Divi food and other advice

We (family of 4 with 2 teens) are heading to the Divi Golf Villas (2 bed) in April and would love some some first hand info. This is our first trip to Aruba and our first AI. We are looking for a low key, low stress, lots of R&R experience and thought that we had found that at the Divi. However, I'm becoming a bit concerned about food. We went AI so that I (working Mom) can get a vacation too ,and not have to worry about shopping and food prep. I am reading some reviews and forum posts that are making me wonder if getting a table at the various restaurants will be be an issue.

So... my questions are:

What can you tell me about the various restaurants at the Divi complex and the reservation process?

How far from the beach will we be at the golf villas? Is it an easy walk or will we want to grab the shuttle?

Any tips for fun and relaxing with teens? Safety?

What are the "must dos"? Really want to spend most of the time beaching it, but don't want to miss any exceptional excertions.

As a teacher, I love to be fully prepared before I travel. Any info would be appreciated!

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,875 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Divi food and other advice

Read Arubalisa's very long and detailed review.

tripadvisor.com/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

Hull, Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,139 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Divi food and other advice

When we stayed at the Divi we had very little difficulty getting reservations.

Our favorite restaurant was the Red Parrot. The thing we liked about AI was easy it was especially for lunch and breakfast. If your budget allows, I would encourage one or two dinners off property-there's great food in Aruba.

Lastly, if Mulligans is in your AI package you'll really like it.

The walk to the beach is not too long unless you forget something and have to go back-which I did when we stayed at the golf villas. One year when we stayed there, we got so lazy we hung at the pool every day-oh what a tough vacation that was!

Hope you have a great vacation.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,519 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Divi food and other advice

We just spent our 4th vacation in a row at the Divi and already we are planning our next, lol. The beach is a very easy walk but they shuttels run often so not to worry about the beach. Once you are on the beach you will find plenty of places to eat and lay around. Our favorite for lunch is the Pellican Bar, steps from the sand. They have a horse back ridding trip (we have never done this trip) people love it. Also, book a sunset snorkel cruise. Lots of fun and most serve drinks and light food. I would book cruise on the comp. as it is a little cheaper. Tranquillo and Black Pearl are 2 of the favorites. We find it very hard to get off the beach once we are there, lol.

The kids might like to eat at the Palm Grill. They have grills in the middle of the table to cook your food and it seems likes people with children love it. The food was good but it is outside so it is very hot. We also love Mulligans and also Windows on Aruba gets very good reviews. Windows is very fancy and if you decide to try it make sure to take a look at the menu before you book as food is a little bit on the fancy side.

If you have any other questions you can pm me on this board.

Sharon

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Divi food and other advice

We do the AI through the time share there and eat all of our dinners at either Mulligan's or SeaBreeze. We normally eat breakfast and lunch at the Divi buffet, pizza bar, or have a hot dog or burger at the Pelican Bar.

The reason we eat our dinners at the SeaBreeze or Mulligan's is because there are no reservations required. Mulligan's has so many choices that you could eat something different each night.

http://www.mulligansaruba.com/

When we were there last month, the SeaBreeze menu was different from what it was in March, but I'm not sure if it was because it was slow season, or because of the new chef. It was more limited than previously. We will see what the menu is like when we go for New Year's. I am not posting the SeaBreeze menu, because teh website shows the older menu.

If doing AI through the time share, you also get to use the bars at the SeaBreeze, Mulligan's and Jimmy's Bar, along with the swim up pool at the Links. Some drinks have surcharges at the Village bars, but it will be noted. It is top shelf alcohol and bottled beer.

Depending on what room you are in, the walk to the beach can be pretty close or far. The newest rooms are a pretty far walk to the beach.

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,955 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Divi food and other advice

For reservations at the restaurants it is best if you are flexible as to the time you will eat. Depending upon the time of year, reservations can be difficult though not impossible. We have been to the Tamarijn twice during the summer, which is low season, but the resorts were very busy and the Tamarijn sold out.

Burlington, ON
Level Contributor
317 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Divi food and other advice

How much do they charge per adult per day for total AI? We have never been to Aruba but considering using our time share in February.

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Divi food and other advice

Last time we were there, it was $100. p.p. per day if you were a Divi owner, and $125 p.p. per day if not. A minimum of 3 days AI and it must be the last three days of your stay. It is so convenient and Mulligan's is good. Like I said, the menu at SeaBreeze changed so I am curious to see what is on it when we go in December.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,519 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Divi food and other advice

IMO it is worth it just not to have to leave the beach to eat, lol. Plus they make very good drinks!

Sharon

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,875 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Divi food and other advice

dividutchvillage.com/DiviDutch/aruba-gourmet…

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Divi food and other advice

tomsharon feels like I do, hate to leave the beach which is why we rarely eat lunch at the SeaBreeze or Mulligan's. Often get a burger or hot dog from the Pelican Bar at the Divi a pizza to split, or a salad at the buffet and bring it to the beach. To us it is worth it rather than dragging food and drinks to the beach.

If you are at the swim-up pool at the Links, they have hot dogs and cold sandwiches.

Things we like at Mulligan's are HongKong, the steaks are very good (we always get the sauce on the side), caesar salad with shrimp, and my husband loves the cheesecake. I also like the martinis.

Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach
Recent Conversations