We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Map of the Riu Palace in Aruba

Which Palm - Eagle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
111 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Map of the Riu Palace in Aruba

Hi, I am off to Riu Palace in July for my honeymoon and was wondering does anyone have a map of the hotel so I can see where the rooms are. I am in the UK so suspect I will be put in the C block as I have booked a standard room. I know they may upgrade me for free as we are honeymooners but im not sure I want to take the chance. I am going to e-mail the hotel and see if I can pay the hotel direct to upgrade to a jnr suite rather than pay thomsons direct as its half the price!!

Does anyone have any suggestions on getting room upgrades??

Also does anyone know if July is a busy time to visit?

Thanking you in advance

x

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,021 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Map of the Riu Palace in Aruba

Mid to late April through mid Dec. is considered low season in Aruba. It won't be as busy as the winter months.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
111 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Map of the Riu Palace in Aruba

Thanks Aruba Amy. I don;t suppose you have a map of the Riu Palace Lay out do you?

Regards

Helen

x

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,305 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Map of the Riu Palace in Aruba

Use this URL. The first picture showing the hotel while looking at it from the water has building C on the left of the pool.

riu.com/en/…index.jsp

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
111 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Map of the Riu Palace in Aruba

Thanks Medic_5 :-)

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
100 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Map of the Riu Palace in Aruba

We stayed here in July of 2008 and July 2010. Wasn't that crowed. Great stay. We were in a JR jacuzzi suite in 2008, stayed in building B, and last year we were in a regular JR suite, no jacuzzi and were in building A (main building). I have lots of pics of the buildings and our room if you would like me to email them to you. We really enjoyed this resort. July was a good month to go, not too crowded.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
111 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Map of the Riu Palace in Aruba

Thanks for your reply. Some pictures would be great to see if you don't mind. Did you book the rooms you stayed in or were they free upgrades from the c block?

Its our honeymoon and we have spent sooo much money on the wedding so are struggling to find the extra £550.00 they want for a junior suite. Was wondering if it is worth waiting to check in and see what they do.. I am really concerned about the rooms in c block :-(

xx

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
100 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Map of the Riu Palace in Aruba

We booked the suite after reading some of the reviews about it and didn't want to chance not being able to upgrade once we were there. While we were there we met several people who were in the "block c" and they were happy: some didn't have balconies to sit on others did. They told us they didn't care too much about what room they have since they would only be sleeping, and others told us that they wished they upgraded. I think its a personal opinion and what you want and what you can do without. I wouldn't stress over it, I believe you will have a great time regardless what room you are in, if you decide to stay in the room you orginally booked with ask them at check in {nicely of course..tipping helps :) } to see if they will put you in building A, as some of these rooms are standard rooms, they are not all suites, I think building B also has a few standard rooms too. Hope this helps!

8. Re: Hotel Map of the Riu Palace in Aruba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 19:17
Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach