We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help on RIU palace?

Newcastle, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Help on RIU palace?

My girlfriend and I are staying at RIU Plaza on Palm Beach on 13th June for a week.

I am just wondering if anybody knows what sort of entertainment there is on a the hotel?

Could you also please advise what food is available and what beer is available at the resort?

And any idea how much a taxi into Oranjestad would cost would be great? And if there are any local bus stops that can take us there?

Many Thanks.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
100 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help on RIU palace?

My husband and i have stayed here twice. The entertainment is slacking a bit, they have nightly shows some are ok and some are not very good. We never watched any of the shows, we always venture off the resort at night. The food is good. Fresh fruits, eggs, juice and your usual breakfast items. Lunch is mainly burgers, fries, salad, chicken, fruit, ice cream, veggies. Dinner, the have 4 reservation only. Itilian, steak house, gourmet, Japeneise. We only at at the 3 reservation (not the Japeneise) and the buffet. They were all good. The buffet had either a theme night (Mexican, etc.) or made to order station, chicken, sea food, veggies, fruit, salad, fries, Mac and cheese, dessert.....awesome and LOTS more. No problem making reservations. The only beer the serve is the Aruban beer Balishi. My husband didn't like it, so we went to another bar or to the store to purchase bud light or corona's. They have room service 24 hours, is very limited, but good for a snack at midnight or between meals. Hope this helps.

Edited: 13 April 2011, 11:28
Liverpool
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help on RIU palace?

Hello

We are also going 13/06/11 to the RUI for a week, I am hoping it has the same format as other Rui hotels we were at Rui Montego bay Jamaica in December 2010. We had a great stay there food/service/entertainment all good. Not been to Aruba before so looking forward to it. Like yourselves we also like to get out and about and see the country we are in.

Jan.& Frank

Midlands
Level Contributor
106 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help on RIU palace?

Good local bus service into town during the day, unsure of night service. We stayed at Occidental (very nr Rui) 4yrs ago and often used local buses, going again in Oct. Great bar on Beach pier nr Rui, if it has opened again as heard it was having work done !!

Bathgate, United...
Level Contributor
97 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help on RIU palace?

Going the 9th- 24th May we check out and advise on our return

5. Re: Help on RIU palace?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 15:18
Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach