We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aruba in October?

Stratford, CT
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Aruba in October?

Has anyone been to Aruba in October? I am thinking of going to Aruba on my Honeymoon (La Cabana Villas) but am a little wary of hurricanes.

1. Re: Aruba in October?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2006, 11:39
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
458 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aruba in October?

Aruba is not usually impacted by tropical storms, so it is a safer bet than other Caribbean locations during hurricane season. I went to Grand Cayman in the summer or 2004 and got there right after a storm has passed the island and one week before Ivan hit -- and the island is still recovering from that impact. So we dodged the bullet by one week. In 2005, we went to Aruba in late August and had consistently sunny weather.

The worst month for rain seems to be November. Usually, when it rains in Aruba, it lasts for a very short time. This past November, which was a very bad hurricane season, Aruba did experience some rainy days and some sea grasses on the beach due to nearby storms -- but no direct hits.

In my personal opinion, I would go to Aruba in October -- and I like the island a lot (have been there four times).

Hope this helps.

Boston
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Aruba in October?

We went to Aruba this past October on our honeymoon and we were also hesitant when booking our trip due to the hurricane season. The weather was wonderful(80's everyday, sunny, beautiful). There was usually one very brief rain shower each day, usually during the night. They lasted less than 30 minutes and never interupted our plans. There was also very little wind on the island which is very uncommon, but not bothersome. We were told that when there are hurricanes elsewhere in the Carribean, they suck all the wind away from the island. We really enjoyed the weather and are planning to return this October.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Aruba in October?

We went in October and the weather was great. Aruba is less likely to be impacted by hurricanes or tropical storms than almost any other place in the Caribbean.

5. Re: Aruba in October?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2006, 19:23
New York
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aruba in October?

Thank you for this most inciteful post.

Ontario
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aruba in October?

Hi!

We went in October 2004 and althought it was humid, hot and with no wind, we had a great holiday. We have been to Aruba 5 times. This was after IVAN and folks were saying the hurricanes had "sucked the winds" away. It almost seemed to be true. If I had to choose based on hurricane probability I would choose Aruba. Although there is no such thing as the "hurricane belt" (it's one of those terms that has surfaced and sounds good), due to it's location, Aruba is less likely to take a direct hit. Nothing is a guarantee however especially where weather is involved.

Nakkie

MA
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Aruba in October?

I've been to Aruba in October and the weather was great, right before the rainy season-

However, I wouldn't suggest LaCabana for your honeymoon, it's very big, you have to cross the street to get to the beach and the walls are rather thin there. You can hear everything! The Wyndham is very nice- try looking there, and if money isn't an object- go for the Hyatt- it is the most spectacular resort in Aruba!! And Palm Beach is the best beach I think on the Island.

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,498 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aruba in October?

But the Hyatt and the Wyndham are hotel rooms only. No kitchens. Can end up being very expensive. There are other time shares that are right on the beach, but will probably be more expensive. LaCabana has a lot of kids. I would never stay in a hotel room in Aruba unless I was going all-inclusive. I go to Aruba 3-4 times per year, 2 weeks at a time. The weather has been changing all around the world and Aruba is getting more rain lately, but hurricanes are not the norm.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,969 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Aruba in October?

I wouldn't worry about hurricanes in October but I would research La Cabana a bit more to make sure it's atmosphere is what you want for a honeymoon. We have had two great vacations there but it is family oriented (IMO) so you want to make sure you know there will be plenty of families there with kids.

Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach
Recent Conversations