We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lizards

Which Palm - Eagle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NH
Level Contributor
496 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
lizards

This may sound crazy but....do those lizards ever bite anyone?

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,892 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lizards

not that i've ever heard...they are extremely harmless (vegetarians).

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,444 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lizards

They are harmless I was sitting by the pool in Aruba and one actually came up to me and started nibbeling on my toe, lol. It was the polish that it was attracted to, more than anything I was surprised. At some resorts people feed them and they will come right on your chair. Most resorts do not like this but it does not stop the guest.

Sharon

Midwest
Level Contributor
842 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lizards

More often they are quite skittish. Nothing to worry about at all.

West Chester...
Level Contributor
115 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lizards

Last time I checked, our lizards had eaten 20 french fries, half a dozen tomatoes, a lot of bugs, a couple have given me an Elvis look and a lot of head bobs, but never gotten close enough for me to even pet them, they always scurry away

Cleves, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,691 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: lizards

Actually even though Iguanas are vegetarian, they do bite even if accidently!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
829 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: lizards

I'm glad to see all these responses. I never knew the Iguanas generally don't bite. They look fairly mean but being vegetarians, I suppose they'll stay away.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: lizards

The hotels' 'domesticated' iguanas will actually sit by your side and 'beg' for food (think of it as a really small, scaly dog - LOL!).

From what the hotel staff has told me, they really cannot digest 'people' food, though they will eat just about anything. I usually save some lettuce (which is fine for them, as long as it is plain) from lunch and go to an area out of the way to feed them. They will take it right from my hand. I actually miss the little buggers.

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: lizards

They are harmless although one of them did jump on my husband while we were eating breakfast at Manchebo by the pool. The iguana was hanging off the chest of my husband's t-shirt by its claws. He was hanging long enough for me to get up (and a few other people) to get a picture.

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: lizards

They are harmless although one of them did jump on my husband while we were eating breakfast at Manchebo by the pool. The iguana was hanging off the chest of my husband's t-shirt by its claws. He was hanging long enough for me to get up (and a few other people) to get a picture.

10. Re: lizards

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 21:17
Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach