We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amsterdam Manor vs. Bacuti

Hudson, Ohio
Level Contributor
119 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Amsterdam Manor vs. Bacuti

My husband and I (ages 32 and 34) are thinking of going to Aruba at the end of April for one week. I have read great reviews re both Amsterdam Manor and Bacuti and am having trouble deciding where to stay (yes, Amsterdam is cheaper but it bugs me that it is not right on the beach). I was thinking splitting it up and staying at Amsterdam for 3 or 4 nights and Bacuti for 3 or 4 nights. What do you think? Thanks!

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,698 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amsterdam Manor vs. Bacuti

Don't move. For a week it isn't worth it. We loved AMBR and the "not being on the beach" thing was not even an issue. We were closer to the sand than we would have been had we elected to stay in the high rise area. Two minutes from bed to chaise longue.

Warren, Rhode Island
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Amsterdam Manor vs. Bacuti

Totally agree, the road is a non issue, AMBR is a wonderful resort with the most beautiful beach in Aruba. Go and enjoy, you won't be sorry.

Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,499 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amsterdam Manor vs. Bacuti

I have stayed at both Bucuti and Amsterdam Manor. Even with having to cross the street, I am serious when I say that from our room at Bucuti to where we sat on the beach closer to the water was further if not the same distance as it was from our room at Amsterdam Manor to the beach.

AM's rooms have better amenities, where the rooms at Bucuti have a small area with a fridge and coffee maker and microwave. We loved our stay at both locations - twice at Bucuti, and we are making our second visit to Amsterdam Manor next March.

Hudson River...
Level Contributor
63 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amsterdam Manor vs. Bacuti

We are booked into AM for our first trip to Aruba in February. It's great to read the positive posts! Any advice for first timers appreciated. Can't wait:)

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,533 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Amsterdam Manor vs. Bacuti

We have stayed at the Bucuti our last 6 trips and love it! Plus it is adults only (love kids just not on vacation). The beach is one of the best in Aruba! The suites are right on the beach but to be honest the rooms are steps away and very nice. They have service for drinks and food on the beach, so you do not have to leave your chair, lol. Plus they really do go out of their way to make your stay the best!

We have never stayed at the AM because it is across the street from the beach. But it does get very good reviews.

Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,473 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Amsterdam Manor vs. Bacuti

We stay at Amsterdam Manor every year and love it there. Depending on where your room is located, you are still only a minute or two from your room to the water's edge. Couple of things that we love about Amsterdam Manor is that they offer room service, full kitchens or kitchenettes, free floats, and a beach beach bar (with drink and lunch service to your lounge chair.)

Edited: 27 November 2011, 17:09
North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,982 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Amsterdam Manor vs. Bacuti

Another vote for Bucuti. No children. Large balconies. Great view from almost any room. It may be a longer walk from your room to the beach, but that is very minor compared to having traffic right behind the beach and cars parked on edge of beach. AM is a terrific hotel. So is Bucuti. IMO, for a couple, Bucuti is a better choice. Don't forget, Bucuti price includes breakfast. A money saver and a convenience. All hotels have a resort fee and government taxes. Resort fee is included in Bucuti's price. Might be included in AM's price. Don't know. Be sure to get complete pricing for both hotels.

Kerhonkson, New York
Level Contributor
34 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Amsterdam Manor vs. Bacuti

We spent our honeymoon at AM after a lot of consideration and absolutely loved it! The road is not a problem at all.

While we were in Aruba we did have dinner at Bucutti. While it was very nice, I was completely happy we had picked AM.

9. Re: Amsterdam Manor vs. Bacuti

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 08:15
Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now