We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions for a 5 year old

Which Palm - Eagle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Katy, Texas
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Excursions for a 5 year old

My family and I are visiting for the first time in March. My youngest is five and I am not sure what activities/excursions would be appropriate or even allowed. Is there a place to horseback that will allow a 5 year old (ride along with me or dad of course)? We want to make the most of this trip and surely don't want to miss out on something great. Anyone that has taken a child ~5 with any suggestions is most greatly appreciated. We're staying at the Radisson if that makes any difference.

Edited: 18 January 2012, 19:49
n.y.
Level Contributor
886 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursions for a 5 year old

There is a butterfly farm , a donkey farm ( bring carrots to feed them ) and an ostrich farm . A water park , not sure if it's for the very young , minature golf and some of the hotels have kids programs . Hope this helps a little .

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,242 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excursions for a 5 year old

This place says "children welcome", but I'm not sure how old they have to be.

www.arubaranchodaimari.com/index.php…

This page (searched Google) gives you a list of places that offer horseback riding. You will have to try to locate on their websites whether or not they allow children

aruba.com/thingstodo/…horseback_riding.aspx

Other activites include the Butterfly Farm, Donkey Sanctuary and the Ostrich Farm.

South Jersey
Level Contributor
79 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excursions for a 5 year old

my 6 year old was able to snorkel in St. John in November

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,489 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excursions for a 5 year old

Rancho Daimari is GREAT for kids, jl. We talked to a family at the Tam who took a five-year-old on a ride and they all loved it. We went the next day, and they were very, VERY accommodating for the slower riders.

Katy, Texas
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excursions for a 5 year old

Great suggestions - I will certainly look into all of them. Thanks to all.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,433 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excursions for a 5 year old

We took our 4 yr old on a sunset snorkeling cruise on the Black Pearl. He had a great time and he also went in the water with us. Not crouded and very friendly owners. We will be going again this year with him. They let him feed the fish over the boat and he got such a kick out of it.

phila
Level Contributor
507 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Excursions for a 5 year old

We are booked for Black Pearl for August with my 6 year old grand daughter.

Makes me happy when I read posts like this coz I was worried about it being all couples. She is a good kid and knows inside vs outside voice - I am not worried about her being intrusive to others enjoyment of the ride-- but I WAS worried that she would be bored silly.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,433 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Excursions for a 5 year old

She will have a great time. My grandson even went in the water had a great time. We will be bringing him this year again!

Midwest
Level Contributor
842 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Excursions for a 5 year old

Do be prepped for the sun... Hate to see anyone burn, especially the tykes, and it catches up with you FAST near the equator. A uv-protection rashguard or uv shirt is an excellent investment. Wouldn't leave home w/o, jmho.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,422 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Excursions for a 5 year old

Black Pearl is defiantly a more adult excursion, if it is a sunset snorkel and sail with an open bar and food it's obviously going to draw more adults, we have gone out wit them 3 times and it was almost always adult/couples. I do remember some older teens once.

Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach