We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants (family friendly) near Marriott Stellaris?

Which Palm - Eagle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
1,233 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants (family friendly) near Marriott Stellaris?

Considering a 1st stay in Aruba/Marriott Stellaris.....are there many "reasonably priced" family friendly restaurants and shopping within walking (street vs. beach) distance? Have heard that most things are pretty expensive in Aruba - how expensive is it for a typical lunch or dinner per person compared to avg. big city in U.S.?

Also, do you feel it is necessary to rent a car? We've stayed in Riviera Maya several times at All Inclusives and are totally fine staying at the resort and/or short walks to shops or restaurants.

Thanks.

CT
Level Contributor
1,868 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants (family friendly) near Marriott Stellaris?

I dont think you will have an issue. I think that there are plenty of decent and mildly priced places to eat in aruba... It's the same as dining out in any big city really... The main strip is at your fingertips... You have a super casual pizza place... and even a benihanas... Salt n Pepper is good and reasonable.. So is the italian restaurant right there (cannot think of the name of it!!)...

As for renting a car... its up to you. I think a car rental is warranted for a couple days out of the week for first timers... at least. Explore the north side of the island... head down town, etc... Also, the bus will take you to the lowrise area, and downtown oranjestad - if you didnt want to rent. However, im a big fan for getting out and doing some exploring! :)

Texas
Level Contributor
1,233 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants (family friendly) near Marriott Stellaris?

Thank you, jasejase!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants (family friendly) near Marriott Stellaris?

There are many, many family-friendly restaurants within reasonable waking distance of the Marriott Properties. I'm not a fan of Salt & Pepper, but others love it. There is also Casa Tua and Fishes&More in the Arawak Gardens. Smokey Joe's is very good for barbeque. Burgers and Burgers, in front of Playa Linda, is very good and reasonably priced.

La Vista, at the Marriott Resort, offers a different themed buffet each evening. Check with the hotel concierge for details.

A short taxi ride away, I would recommend Linda's Dutch Pancakes/Pizza and Wacky Wahoo's.

Restaurants vary from fast food chains to four-star dining and everything in between. The choices are endless.

Enjoy!

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants (family friendly) near Marriott Stellaris?

Also, alot of restaurants offer early birds specials.

Michigan
Level Contributor
85 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants (family friendly) near Marriott Stellaris?

While you can easily walk to the shops, movies and restaurants from the Marriott, I'd recommend a car. They are readily available right at the airport, not too expensive and will give you the freedom to explore Aruba beyond Palm Beach. :-)

Texas
Level Contributor
1,233 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants (family friendly) near Marriott Stellaris?

Thanks everyone for the good info.

Boston
Level Contributor
891 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants (family friendly) near Marriott Stellaris?

Would like to add a TGIF at the mall.

And (if it is your "cup of tea") there is a Burger King next to Salt-n-Pepper.

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,298 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants (family friendly) near Marriott Stellaris?

We are also fans of renting a car, find it is for our comfort. We go out. We leave our Timeshare. Like leaving the airport quickly when we arrive. Also when it is time to go, we can do what we want before it is time to leave, not just sit and wait. That is us. We rent from Econo.

We have also found some restaurants that are are what we call budget friendly. Check www.arubarestaurants.com a great site. May not be updated but worthwhile. Have fun.

USA
Level Contributor
122 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants (family friendly) near Marriott Stellaris?

As another has posted -Smokey Joe's Ribs is a good place to eat, I personally like Salt and Pepper - have to go to both those places when I go to Aruba. Salt and Pepper is good for breakfast too

But if your kids are picky and want US chains there is a TGI Fridays and other US chain restaurants

Rented a car once and didn't think it was necessary, enough places to go and eat in Palm Beach and you can always take a tour that goes around the island

10. Re: Restaurants (family friendly) near Marriott Stellaris?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach