We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tamarijn 1100 vs 1300 block

Wabash, Indiana
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Tamarijn 1100 vs 1300 block

I am leaving in 8 days and wondering if anyone had any input on these 2 blocks? Really looking for ground floor with no rocks on the beach in front of the room. newley rentovated would be a plus. anyone been there recently can comment?

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,921 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tamarijn 1100 vs 1300 block

Both blocks are renovated - were among the first groups done last year.

Honestly, the only distinguishable difference is that 13 is closer to the pool / bar, etc. 11 is closer to the divi and the volleyball nets, water sports, and gym. Beach is the same - white, sandy, and deserted.

I'd be happy if they honored by request to be in either one, we love being at that end of the Tam.

Wabash, Indiana
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tamarijn 1100 vs 1300 block

are either of these close to the road? I dont want to hear traffic

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,921 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tamarijn 1100 vs 1300 block

theres a parking lot in front of those buildings, and then the road (not the main North south thoroughfare). we have been in 13 both twice- never noticed any road noise...but then again, with the air con and ceiling fan on, theres not much to hear. and we don't spend much time in our rooms during the day.

I attached a link to the resort map... 11 is the block by the sports center / climbing wall, they go up from there is you move left to the map (13 is by the pool).... you can see the far end buildings 25 are near the MAIN road that runs up the coast from downtown to palm beach...11-13 are near a road but its not as major of a thoroughfare.

If you are leaving in 8 days they may very well already have rooms planned out - I would be getting your request in ASAP.

Have a great trip!

www.diviaruba.com/webmaps/dutch_village.html

Wabash, Indiana
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tamarijn 1100 vs 1300 block

how are the rooms numbered? i assume odd or even numbers are on the ground level

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,921 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tamarijn 1100 vs 1300 block

Correct, but for the life of me I can't remember whether ground is odd or even.

new jersey
Level Contributor
123 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tamarijn 1100 vs 1300 block

Odd numbers are the lower level

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,913 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tamarijn 1100 vs 1300 block

Due to WiFi issues or traveling with elderly family members, we have stayed in building 1300 www.arubabound.com/accommo/tamarijn_map.htm four times now and have no complaints. We actually thought the rooms were very quiet. If you had the room at the very end, 1319 which is next to Pizza per Tutti, there is some noise during the day from the music at the bar, but we found that inside the room with the air conditioning on and the bathroom window shut it was barely audible. I am a light sleeper and it did not bother me at all.

There is a break in 1300 between rooms 1313 and 1315. Ideally you would probably want anything from 1313 to 1301.

If you do not mind the walk, 1100 is a bit more off the beaten bath and every single time we have been at the Tam, the beach in front of 1100 has always been wider than that in front of 1300.

Like SevenCostanza said though, make your request asap.

8. Re: Tamarijn 1100 vs 1300 block

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2013, 20:15
Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach